Backup Programs

OP
J

jchrishome

Reaction score
Hookbill:
thanks for your reply. So Verizon is never going to offer a sync program?
and the only non-root, online or PC backup program offered is My Backup Pro?
And there is no way to backup your phone's settings, free apps, etc. to your PC?
wow, Droid was advertised as an improved and better system than i phone.
With no way to fully backup the phone to a PC or other storage device, how is this an improvement? I feel ripped off...

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hookbill:
thanks for your reply. So Verizon is never going to offer a sync program?
and the only non-root, online or PC backup program offered is My Backup Pro?
And there is no way to backup your phone's settings, free apps, etc. to your PC?
wow, Droid was advertised as an improved and better system than i phone.
With no way to fully backup the phone to a PC or other storage device, how is this an improvement? I feel ripped off...

unfortunately the only way to get most of that info is to have root access. the iphone can back up because you use itunes and since its all apple you can get root access. since android is google which is then other companies, ie moto, htc, samsung, etc, then cell companies. everyone gets a turn at the software so things are real different by the time you get it. each step locks the phone down a bit more. you can root without changing anything on your phone other than its rooted. then you can do what you want to do.

OP
J

jchrishome

Reaction score
Well I have removed the task killers, and STILL get error messages when doing scheduled backups. If I schedule the backup for 2 or 3am, it ALWAYS fails, even when the phone is not used.
If I schedule it during the day, with the phone IN USE, sometimes it succeeds and sometimes it does not.
Also, about once a day, when a call comes in (not during a backup or any apps running), the screen does not respond when I press the answer button.
SO I have to lose the call! This NEVER happened with my old, basic phones-
how is this Android an improvement over all other phones? I still have yet to see this phone work properly!

sixtyfour

Reaction score
Sorry for the ancient thread resurrection but I ran into this problem a few days ago and this was the only thread that I was able to find via Googlin' that was relevant.

After a few days of puzzling over this, I uninstalled MyBackup Pro, saved the "rerware/MyBackup" directory structure to my PC, removed it, then reinstalled MyBackup Pro. A few scheduled backup tests were successful after the clean reinstall.

Hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.