Looking for a backup program that will backup data

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Bump.
Any new ideas on this topic?

I just had to reset my phone and lost a bunch of stuff.
3rd party apps, like BP Log, who's data did not get backed up with MyBackupPro.

Is the consensus that I need to root my phone for a true complete backup to work?

Thanks.
B

OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Bump.

Is the consensus that I need to root my phone for a true complete backup to work?

Thanks.
B

I havent found a way to backup all data withOUT rooting. If anybody knows a way to do this, please let us know. Backup apps like MyBackupPro and others will backup some data, but only if the app was designed to allow it. It would be great to be able to backup the phone and know that all data is safe if it is ever needed.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bump.

Thanks.
B

I havent found a way to backup all data withOUT rooting. If anybody knows a way to do this, please let us know. Backup apps like MyBackupPro and others will backup some data, but only if the app was designed to allow it. It would be great to be able to backup the phone and know that all data is safe if it is ever needed.

Astro will backup not rooted devices. Tap menu, tap tools, tap application manager/backup

OP
W

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Bump.

Thanks.
B

Astro will backup not rooted devices. Tap menu, tap tools, tap application manager/backup

I disagree that Astro will backup all data on non-rooted devices.

qman66

Reaction score
u cant backup all data on phone without root because u cannot access all data without root. u should really consider rooting, its very simple and u can always unroot

gsbjackson

Reaction score
My Backup Strategy

I schedule MyBackup Pro (rooted features on) to backup "daily", I also use Lookout to backup contacts, photos, and call logs "daily". I use Clockwork (rooted) to perform a monthly "image" backup of the entire phone. And I use "AppBrain" to create a list of all installed apps to easily recover from the market if necessary.

I have never lost ANY data using the above methods even when resetting the phone to factory defaults. Rooting is your only self protection.

Use z4root to easily root, temporarily root, and unroot.