Backup program for the X

bigdog9586

Reaction score
I have a Ipad2 that uses Itunes to backup the Ipad and is able to restore it back to what is was with all of my software plus data for games etc. Has anyone did the same for the X? I'm using My Backup now but don't know and hope to never find out if it will restore my X to the way it was before it crashed. Is there a program that does this?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I dont think we have anything quite like your ipad set up. If you root your phone you will have more back up options. Titanium back up, clockwork nandroid back ups etc.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I found out the hard way that unless you are rooted and using a full backup app, some local data is not backed up. I have apps that store data locally, so now I run a manuall process to export the data to the SD card, and then copy to my pc.

If you use a backup program on a non-rooted DX, make sure that your app is on the list of apps (and data) that will be backed up.

If you have important local data that isnt stored on the SD card, you should test a restore to be sure that it will work when you need it, especially if you are not rooted. And remember that if your app does store the data on the SD card, it may not be secure if you ever lose your phone.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
If you are rooted you can use Koush's Bootstrapper (DX or D2) to make a nandroid backup. It is what you are looking for. It is like taking a snap shot of your exact setup, just as it is at that very moment. Think of it as a restore point on windows.