Backup Assistant

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If your account sync setting if sync is set on then its will do it automatically periodically.

Sent from somewhere...

want a droid

Reaction score
In settings: Accounts - Google - Sync Contacts

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Muteki

Reaction score
I just used das bamf 1.5 and I dont have have back up assistant so I have no contacts :(

Any help?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I just used das bamf 1.5 and I dont have have back up assistant so I have no contacts :(

Any help?

No need. Were your contacts not synced to Google?

This thread has been Thunder struck!

DoveTailZ

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 with Epic 2.5. Canb i get Backup assistant back in any way cause i lost all my contacts and forgot a backup. I know i should have...:icon_evil:
Thanks in advance!
I would like to know how to backup on galaxy s epic 3G.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 with Epic 2.5. Canb i get Backup assistant back in any way cause i lost all my contacts and forgot a backup. I know i should have...:icon_evil:
Thanks in advance!
I would like to know how to backup on galaxy s epic 3G.

You're in the wrong forum. Epic was a ROM for the D2, not a phone.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I tried that. I went to settings>Accounts>and i toggled the sync on and off and nothing happened. Also, I kept 6 contacts after the rom. Is this normal?

EDIT: I realize that these Six contacts were the only 6 backed up to my google account. These were also the only new contacts I had added after using backup asistant. So google didnt back them up and now I still have only 6 contacts. I know that with backup assistant i can get my old contacts back but will this mean I have to go back to stock then restore contacts, backup to google, then re install Epic? Cause Epic Really is Epic

Edit 2? Whew. After 3 tries to get back to original i finally got it back to plain old android with the root so i can backup my contacts.I'm checking if it worked now. It didn't... What am I doing wrong? I have all my contacts back on my phone, but when I click sync and it finished syncing I still only had the same 6 contacts on my gmail account. Im checking this on my computer BTW.

Well, google never Synced with my gmail account so I ended up using m:IQ. Hopefully this sync problem will be fixed by someone or i will learn what is wrong.

Well, m:IQ didn't work so.... yeah....Still need help people...

Also, Is it possible my internet connection isnt good enough? m:IQ said the sync was successfull but nothing happened and I still had the same contacts...

THE FINAL EDIT!!!
I FINALLY got my contacts to sync. What I had to do was export my contacts to my sd card, Then import them back to my gmail account. This fixed the problem. Can't belive I didn't think of that before. Time to epic 2.5 and nexTheme again!

Um... not really any of my business and I'm only trying to help, but uh, do you really like epic? It was the first of the roms for d2 but by far from the best,.. have you tried liberty? Or cm7? Or many others that are updated constantly? Epic is abondoned. But hey I know you probably like where you are but only trying to help! Gives you complete freedom !! Good romming bro!!

ZERO Throttle CM74D2 Nightly +!!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I tried that. I went to settings>Accounts>and i toggled the sync on and off and nothing happened. Also, I kept 6 contacts after the rom. Is this normal?

EDIT: I realize that these Six contacts were the only 6 backed up to my google account. These were also the only new contacts I had added after using backup asistant. So google didnt back them up and now I still have only 6 contacts. I know that with backup assistant i can get my old contacts back but will this mean I have to go back to stock then restore contacts, backup to google, then re install Epic? Cause Epic Really is Epic

Edit 2? Whew. After 3 tries to get back to original i finally got it back to plain old android with the root so i can backup my contacts.I'm checking if it worked now. It didn't... What am I doing wrong? I have all my contacts back on my phone, but when I click sync and it finished syncing I still only had the same 6 contacts on my gmail account. Im checking this on my computer BTW.

Well, google never Synced with my gmail account so I ended up using m:IQ. Hopefully this sync problem will be fixed by someone or i will learn what is wrong.

Well, m:IQ didn't work so.... yeah....Still need help people...

Also, Is it possible my internet connection isnt good enough? m:IQ said the sync was successfull but nothing happened and I still had the same contacts...

THE FINAL EDIT!!!
I FINALLY got my contacts to sync. What I had to do was export my contacts to my sd card, Then import them back to my gmail account. This fixed the problem. Can't belive I didn't think of that before. Time to epic 2.5 and nexTheme again!

Um... not really any of my business and I'm only trying to help, but uh, do you really like epic? It was the first of the roms for d2 but by far from the best,.. have you tried liberty? Or cm7? Or many others that are updated constantly? Epic is abondoned. But hey I know you probably like where you are but only trying to help! Gives you complete freedom !! Good romming bro!!

Btw liberty I think one of them gives you your backup assistant back if you click on it during install!

LocaButt

Reaction score
Just installed this ROM and can't figure out how to get my contacts back via Backup Assistant. I can't find it for download since I'm sure it's supposed to be on the phone.
Anyone know what I can do?

PS Love it so far!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

clueless77

Reaction score
typically on custom ROMs backup assist isnt on them, as it is a verizon thing, usually if you have synced with google logging into your google accounts your contacts will show up

johnnyrocket

Reaction score
i cant update or connect with backup assistant anyone else having issues with their bionic and backup assistant? im totally stock...