Backup Assistant.

leobg

Reaction score
Definitely Verizon.
If you are outside Verizon network, it does not work. Just uses up battery and memory (it is constantly hanging in memory), also "polutes" the settings/accounts tab with non-removable garbage.
I have it frozen (the 3 involved APK's renamed) and it could be a plasebo, but I feel I get slightly longer battery life now.

zero7404

Reaction score
Definitely Verizon.
If you are outside Verizon network, it does not work. Just uses up battery and memory (it is constantly hanging in memory), also "polutes" the settings/accounts tab with non-removable garbage.
I have it frozen (the 3 involved APK's renamed) and it could be a plasebo, but I feel I get slightly longer battery life now.

what 3 apk's ? i only have 2 frozen (backup assistant 2.2, backup assistant client 1.0)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Backup Assistant is really not necessary. The D2G is a Google phone. Contacts are backed up in Gmail. Google backs up the calendar.

Why Verizon included Backup Assistant is beyond me. I suppose it might come in handy if your next phone isn't an Android. Of course if you were looking at the iPhone I strongly doubt it will be in there, so I don't know what you'd use it for.

zero7404

Reaction score
Backup Assistant is really not necessary. The D2G is a Google phone. Contacts are backed up in Gmail. Google backs up the calendar.

Why Verizon included Backup Assistant is beyond me. I suppose it might come in handy if your next phone isn't an Android. Of course if you were looking at the iPhone I strongly doubt it will be in there, so I don't know what you'd use it for.

i think backup assistant has been ported as a tool for the end user. initially, verizon subscribers would bring their phone in to verizon and they would transfer contacts to a new phone for them.

backup assistant is available for pc, obviously now preloaded on android phones they sell. wonder if it'll also make it to the iphone (apple has say for that) i store my backups on SD card, then copy over to my PC in case i lose my phone.

Reaction score
It's verizon. If they took the time to port BA to the lowly envTouch, they will put it on the iPhone. Backup assistant is a good tool for people who don't know any better. Like a hammer for someone trying to put a screw in. They'll get there, it'll just take longer, and we'll all laugh at them for being just a little off.

leobg

Reaction score
Definitely Verizon.

what 3 apk's ? i only have 2 frozen (backup assistant 2.2, backup assistant client 1.0)

BuaContactAdapter.apk

This is the thing that actually stays resident in memory all the time.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk