Backing Date onto Google account

Reaction score
How do I go about doing this? Or does it automatically sync/back up on its own? If so what all data is backed up onto my google account? Is there a way to backup stuff like I was able to on my blackberry via blackberry desktop manager?

timrock

Reaction score
Go to settings, account and choose your google account. Whatever is being synced will be checked.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
tylerbonezjonez
Reaction score
Go to settings, account and choose your google account. Whatever is being synced will be checked.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks! So I can see there is no way to backup other misc. date like preferences and stuff is there? You know like you can with a blackberry? It backups the same stuff as google does + alot more, from phone preferences to sms/mms messages. Its okay if it doesnt, my contacts are the most important thing I was just curious.

Also when I first got my phone I was asking the verizon guy the best method to back my contacts up (as I thought verizon back up assistant was) But he told me that Google Sync was so thats what I used to get my contacts from my blackberry onto my Droid. He said the verizon back up assistant puts contacts in several different places or something to that nature, not sure exactly what all he ment/was talking about.