calendar problem

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
ok did it and the contacts and gmail is still there but no calendar. i wonder whats going on that i can't get my calendar on my phone. this is frustrating. i love the phone but i don't like that part of it if i can't sync it to my google calendar.

pool_shark

Reaction score
ok did it and the contacts and gmail is still there but no calendar. i wonder whats going on that i can't get my calendar on my phone. this is frustrating. i love the phone but i don't like that part of it if i can't sync it to my google calendar.

I doubt it's the phone, many people are using google calendar. Are you doing this through exchange?

When you went into the calendar app - more - calendar, you said the screen is black. That implies that the device knows absolutely nothing about your google calendar.
When I first hit the calendar app, it told me that I didn't have a google account setup, I set it up, then went to google and imported my .CSV, it was sync'd right away.

Does the account you're using on Google's website, and the account you have setup on your device have the same name?

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
i got it finally but had to do a factory reset but its working now. no problem anymore. thanks for all the help!

anthony1238

Reaction score
I had the same problem, I think it was because I didn't use the calendar before I got the phone.

The way I fixed it without doing a factory reset was to make a new gmail account, set up the calendar, and add the new account to the phone. After I did this the screen showed Sync Contacts, Sync Gmail and Sync Calendar (which wasn't on the origional account). As soon as I did this it also added the Sync Calendar option to my origional Gmail account and everything was good. I just deleted the new account off the phone that I made after that.

Hope this helps.

OP
mindytyson3

mindytyson3

Reaction score
yeah i tried setting another one up but it was just aggravating..ha. so i just factory reset the phone and that was it...ha. it actually kept my apps i added on there which i thought it would have taken them off since it resets it to the way the phone was before you activate it. but its ok i was glad..ha. i just sat back up my emails and other things but i had some time so it wasn't that big of a deal. lol