Back of driod gets super hot

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
you must have one of the radios, or a widget that is constantly refreshing and that is causing the power drain.

Reaction score
Mine was doing this and was one of the reason I got an exchange. It was a 39/09 build date and my new one does not heat up near as much and is a 40/09. Try to exchange?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mine was doing this and was one of the reason I got an exchange. It was a 39/09 build date and my new one does not heat up near as much and is a 40/09. Try to exchange?

39/09 here and zero problems....

bikerboy

Reaction score
Mine get's hot too as long as i use it, how can i make sure if it needs exchange or not ?

mynamesjose

Reaction score
I was having this problem. Get an App Killer. I was surprised how many APPs were running I didn't know of.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Get an App Killer. I was surprised how many APPs were running I didn't know of.

Do some research, They cause more problems that they are worth

Smity

Reaction score
mine gets alittle warm were the camera lens is located, im guessing that is where the cpu is located?

Anyways guys we have a mini laptop in this cellphone what do you expect?

suzukimethod

Reaction score
mine gets warm when I do things that use lots of data (streaming radio) or graphics (snes emulator). If it gets really hot doing normal stuff (browsing or checking email) - I'd keep an eye on it, otherwise...yes - a mini computer...one that gets hot when you push it.

as far as app killers? I uninstalled based on rec's here (see the linked thread), and my droid is more stable for it. my .02