Battery running hot on Driod X

DRIOD Cauly

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new to this forum, I need some advice on my new driod X, I purchased my dx last week at Walmart, by upgrading to two a year contract, since then whenever I am downloading or on the web the battery is running hot, do anyone have this problem? I am thinking to return it for an exchange, what do you all think. thanks for any suggestion.:angry:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to DroidForums! Have fun and enjoy your stay!
How "hot" are we talking? These things will get pretty warm under heavy use but should never be to the point of hot. One question: are you using the back button or home button when exiting applications?

DroidForums junkie!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to D/F - as was said, your device will be warm to the touch - it is a mini computer

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I have a Droid and when I use it to download it heats up. As the saying goes "it is the nature of the beast"

Mike

OP
DRIOD Cauly

DRIOD Cauly

Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. I have a Droid and when I use it to download it heats up. As the saying goes "it is the nature of the beast"

Mike

Thank you for your insights in helping me make a determination, of wheather I should keep or exchange my dx at Walmart, I have a original d1 from which I swich to the dx, my d1 did not heat up, and I find it strange that the dx is doing this, I don't think this is a normal operation for the dx to perform like this, just for a normal downloading or surfing of the web. What do you think? thanks again for your insight, in helping me to deside.

DRIOD Cauly.dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure so lets move to the X general discussion section in hopes that someone with an X will weigh in.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Using the home button leaves the application open AND running. Too many applications running can cause all kinds of trouble (heat, freezing, reboots, etc). The back button will leave the application open but not running. When another application needs the resources or the open application hasn't been accessed in x amount of time, the OS will shut it down.

:welcome: One question: are you using the back button or home button when exiting applications?

DroidForums junkie!

What's the significance of either? :confused:

DroidForums junkie!