Round icon with arrows stays on all the tijme. Phone gets very hot

jmichael99

Reaction score
I guess its the sync icon. it always stays on and kills the battery and makes the phone very hot. i have to pull the battery and it goes off for an hour or 2 but then comes back on

Moto Droid

any fixes? i am running the current software

zhenya

Reaction score
Hi, did you ever find a solution to this? My droid started having the same problem recently - syncing icon stays on and battery dies overnight.

Thanks!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
go into your settings/accounts and sync settings and make sure background data and auto sync are checked.

Now look at everything you have syncing. For demo purposes lets say you have gmail and sports tap syncing.

Write them down (if you won't remember) and follow the steps below. You can simply back out to get to applications:

Settings -> applications -> manage applications -> menu -> filter/all -> choose gmail/clear data and cache (click ok) now choose sports tap/clear data and cache (click ok). Do this with everything you have syncing.

Power off and remove your battery for a few minutes then put it back and boot up.

This has worked for SOME people and MAY only work temporarily.

Last resort is a factory reset which will clear the issue.

good luck.

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last resort is a factory reset which will clear the issue.

good luck.
You know, back in the BB Storm days, people would always advocate using JL_commander or something like that to do a wipe of the BB before installing an updated O.S. I never took the time to do that step, but always read how awesome the Storm would perform afterwards. The reason I mention this is because about 2 days ago I did a wipe on my Droid to factory resets. It's like I have a brand new phone again. No FC issues, no lag issues, nothing like that at all. I even installed Home++ last night and so far so good....and NO LAG! I wonder if this should be something that should be performed every month or two as good measure anyway?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Vulcan I subscribe to the theory if it's not broke don't try and fix it : )

It certainly would not hurt though.

I use Better Cut so for me setting up and redoing my Screens/Icons would be too much of a hassle every month.