B-boy™ needs a break

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Doing this from my phone so I dunno how it's gonna go...lol...

I've been theming for the Droid 1 for 9 months steaight and anyone that has followed my work knows that I'm usually the first one with themes available when a new rom releases.. I've been dedicated to this love I have for theming and have taken all 9 of my themes to new levels and still have plans for more details and tweaks. I've been teaming up with ecsnead69 and inverting apps and have done a number of apps on my own and I'm really enjoying this art. I began porting my themes to the Fascinate, Droid X and the thunderbolt for aosp/cm based roms and I have the system down to blind port a theme in less than 30 minutes-ready for testing with very few mistakes ... so this thread is a combination of a couple things .. 1. If any new themers or wannabe themers want to join Team B-boy™, I'm down for teaching .. you need to have some understanding of the apk manager and I can teach the rest.. I edit a lot of xmls in my themes to bring them to a level that isn't reached by too many themes.. not saying anything against any other themers by any means, just saying that I've spent hours getting my themes to have no text coor issues and stuff... you don't need to be on a D1 but I only theme the cm based rom like liquid and SS and any others.... so if your phone has a suitable rom, we can do it....

The second part of this post is that I'm gonna be absent from my themes for a little bit. 9 months of this wears on anyone... my focus (besides family) is on inverting more apps, getting my work into the market, and the theme chooser... once I have a better understanding of the XML layout in the theme Chooser, it'll go fast... I'll probably pop in and toss up a few themes here and there and when Chevy drops 5.5, I'll try to port all 9... but just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not working...

I love theming and I appreciate any and all users that have supported my work in the past and that will remain fans into the future.. I never thought I would be at the level I am with all these great themers around me .. it's been one helluva fun ride fo' sho'! !... :D .. 91 countries worldwide have downloaded and used my work and since I'm not the most well known themers, having as many downloads as I do is what drives me to keep doing this and to try and make it even better... so even if nobody joins Team B-boy™, I'll still come back just as strong and hopefully with more supported devices..... once again, thanks to all my fans... follow me on twitter @B_boytm to keep up with my mind.... peace.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

cujo6801

Reaction score
Doing this from my phone so I dunno how it's gonna go...lol...

I've been theming for the Droid 1 for 9 months steaight and anyone that has followed my work knows that I'm usually the first one with themes available when a new rom releases.. I've been dedicated to this love I have for theming and have taken all 9 of my themes to new levels and still have plans for more details and tweaks. I've been teaming up with ecsnead69 and inverting apps and have done a number of apps on my own and I'm really enjoying this art. I began porting my themes to the Fascinate, Droid X and the thunderbolt for aosp/cm based roms and I have the system down to blind port a theme in less than 30 minutes-ready for testing with very few mistakes ... so this thread is a combination of a couple things .. 1. If any new themers or wannabe themers want to join Team B-boy™, I'm down for teaching .. you need to have some understanding of the apk manager and I can teach the rest.. I edit a lot of xmls in my themes to bring them to a level that isn't reached by too many themes.. not saying anything against any other themers by any means, just saying that I've spent hours getting my themes to have no text coor issues and stuff... you don't need to be on a D1 but I only theme the cm based rom like liquid and SS and any others.... so if your phone has a suitable rom, we can do it....

The second part of this post is that I'm gonna he absent from my themes for a little bit. 9 months of this wears on anyone... my focus (besides family) is on inverting more apps, getting my work into the market, and the theme chooser... once I have a better understanding of the XML layout in the theme Chooser, it'll go fast... I'll probably pop in and toss up a few themes here and there and when Chevy drops 5.5, I'll try to port all 9... but just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I'm not working...

I love theming and I appreciate any and all users that have supported my work in the past and that will remain fans into the future.. I never thought I would be at the level I am with all these great themers around me .. it's been one helluva fun ride fo' sho'! !... :D .. 91 countries worldwide have downloaded and used my work and since I'm not the most well known themers, having as many downloads as I do is what drives me to keep doing this and to try and make it even better... so even if nobody joins Team B-boy™, I'll still come back just as strong and hopefully with more supported devices..... once again, thanks to all my fans... follow me on twitter @B_boytm to keep up with my mind.... peace.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums
I for one want to THANK YOU.....one of the things I miss about my OG Droid is not only your work but also the help your always ready to give...I can't say enough about your work that your work does'nt already say for its self....so enjoy your well earned break....YOU DA MAN !!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
B-boy, I have been flashing your themes from the time you first started dropping them on UD. They have undergone quite a transformation and I must say they get more and more refined as you go. And all the apps you invert, youre are hands down a machine! I hope to have half the theming knowledge and ability you do some day.

I know you are probably tired of me from all my posts in so many of your threads. But you are an asset to the community and I hope you know we all appreciate your work and what you do for us!!

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very well deserved B-Boy! I don't know how you do it. I have enough trouble porting one theme. You do 9... Hats off to you my friend!
Once you come back, If you are willing to teach I'm willing to learn.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Thanks for all your hard work, love your themes

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Very well deserved B-Boy! I don't know how you do it. I have enough trouble porting one theme. You do 9... Hats off to you my friend!
Once you come back, If you are willing to teach I'm willing to learn.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!

Always down to help people out so definitely.. I know you have a couple of your own themes you do so I can at least give some help on how to port them quicker and to more devices..

Thanks for the kind words Cujo and Bang Pow Boom.. :D

bdub33

Reaction score
B-boy you do excellent work! Thanks. Will the Chevys 5.4 themes work with 5.5?

sent from my Speak'n'Spell

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I highly doubt they will since the os changed ... I just released Blizzard for 5.5 tho... prob just gonna do 3 more... unless I get a fire lit and decide to do more....

bdub33

Reaction score
OK! Perhaps I'll use blizzard unless one of those three happens to be fuster cluck. Thanks

sent from my Speak'n'Spell

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Testing Fuster Cluck right now.... :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I could use some help with smali edits ;)

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lmao... we all could... what apk tho?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gmail and Talk first and foremost

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gtalk me ... watching a movie right now but I can help later...

jimmydene84

Reaction score
man, I have been waiting for an opportunity like this. An apprenticeship if u will..LOL. I have some basic knowledge of theming, xml edits,and apk manager (mostly learned from bugging MBK) and would love to learn more and help out! Gtalk : jimmydene84 at gmail dot com :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk