Availability

Zippster

Reaction score
I didnt see anything about Verizon accepting pre orders or reservations so any concerns of shortages on the big day? :cool:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing myself. I am going to call up the verizon store closest to my house today and see how many units (if they know yet) are going to be shipped to their location. I would hope it's quite a bit.

J

JohnDroid

I didnt see anything about Verizon accepting pre orders or reservations so any concerns of shortages on the big day? :cool:

My guess is that they expect to have more then enough stock on hand to meet demand. Is that a testament to Motorola's ability to build a ton of units in advance or the demand won't be that of an iPhone.

Combination of both probably.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Us droidbots will all be there to get the phone as the isheep were to get the iphone.

MrCntry

Reaction score
I remember seeing pre-orders for this new phone. I will have to check on it again and see if I can pull of a link that says pre-order to get your new phone or you might miss it. I will repost when I find it. hmmmm :)

MrCntry

Reaction score
I guess I was wrong. I do see where a lot of sites say pre-order but there is nothing there. I also read that someone stated they saw on the verizon site that there will be no pre-orders available for this new Droid phone.

moparharn

Reaction score
I went to the store this morning to pre order............

sorry, no pre orders. The salesperson indicated that it was his opinion that there would be plenty on hand as the Storm 2 hit the shelves yesterday in huge quantities. I knowthe demand for the two phones will be very different, but he thought there would be enough available. After all, we are in the middle of a huge *ss recession right?:eek:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that's what i figured. Most stores would be getting a huge a** quantity of them. Verizon wants it to be a huge hit and if quantity is an issue they will be really pissed. (users that is)

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score
I saw a posting that BB is accepting pre orders but cant use your new every 2 credit there so whats the point.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah alot of the new phones are like that. I'm quite sure that you won't be able to use the new every 2 for the moto droid either. But i don't see why BB would be accepting pre-orders since their phone has already hit shelves.

RayPaganJr

Reaction score
I saw a posting that BB is accepting pre orders but cant use your new every 2 credit there so whats the point.

I read that somewhere, but don't remember where I saw it. I'll be going to the Verizon store to see if they expect a good supply. I'm not one of those guys that will camp out in order to get something, but I'm looking forward to next week.:D

mindmachine

Reaction score
You are able to use the new every 2 on the Storm 2 and you will be able to use it on the Moto Driod also.

OP
Zippster

Zippster

Reaction score