Anyone else think the Droid X will one up Apple on June 23rd?

Mikejl

Reaction score
I believe you are right. I can't find anything about the update supporting true widgets like android does.

Just wanted some confirmation lol I've read the tech sites, and there was no mention of widgets as a "new" feature. lol. Plus didn't apple block an app because it looked too "widget like" in the past?

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the media you're bashing. The new iPhone has widgets.
According to the quote above the new iphone DOES have widgets. Pay more attention to the media.

;)

Mike

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe you are right. I can't find anything about the update supporting true widgets like android does.

Just wanted some confirmation lol I've read the tech sites, and there was no mention of widgets as a "new" feature. lol. Plus didn't apple block an app because it looked too "widget like" in the past?

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the media you're bashing. The new iPhone has widgets.
According to the quote above the new iphone DOES have widgets. Pay more attention to the media.

Mike
Err well that's the problem, I have the media right in front of me theres no widgets, nor have any tech sites written anything about widgets. So if we're all missing something I'd like to be enlightened.

JCo352

Reaction score
Oh, so now it's the quality of the widgets that matters, eh? Since, of course, iOS4 has widgets.

Look friend, I'm not bashing you personally. It's just that the fanboy-ism associated with the Android o/s, the Droid, and Verizon around here is both childish and tiresome. Just as tiresome as the equivalent fanboy-ism from juvenile iPhone fans.

The fact is that Apple has a giant share of the market for good reason and it's not simply because iXXX users are too stupid or technically inept, that the media is in Apple's pocket, or that the masses have failed to see the light.

It's because Apple has designed a quality product that meets the needs of the vast majority of its users. In turn, they've attracted a huge developer base and largely assure that the apps that are available work as advertised.

The iOS design is a set of compromises. So is the Android OS. So is every design that has ever or will ever see the light of day. The iOS sacrifices customization options in favor of predictable performance and functionality. It limits multitasking for the same reason. That may not be your cupatea but it's not a wrong choice. It's a different design based on different objectives.

the word FANBOY is also tiresome and childish.... The thing is, as an Android "fan" i dislike iPhone but most of us disliked iPhone from the very beginning, before there was a such thing as Android, and we are ecstatic that there is FINALLY something that not only compares but goes toe-to-toe and may be even better (better is an opinion no matter who thinks it).

NO ONE sets the rules for what phone to like and by how much... or what is the limit you can talk negatively about the iPhone... last I checked this is DROIDFORUMS for DROID FANS... to come on here and try to act like we should chill out on the iDon't cause it bothers you is a bit absurd... I HATE MAC and iPhone always will... it's obviously a great product for its fans and NOTHING is going to kill it... but HATING it is soooo much fun.

Fanboy, mindless follower, sheep, call it what you want Apple has them, so does Google. Did you even read my post, did I say chill(nice caps lock btw), did I say one is better than the other? Go ahead and read some of my other posts, competition breads innovation. Before the first iPhone the hottest phones were the likes of Blackberry and Treo. iPhone put out basically the same phone for 3 years before Google stepped up to the plate and got in Apple's face. Now we are seeing some fantastic phones all around EVO, Incredible, Droid X, iPhone 4.

Your right, this is a Droid forum, but, I didn't make this topic. Must have been a rule change to the forums before I went on vacation.

You quote stepdroid as if he was speaking directly to you.

JCo352

Reaction score

Mike
Err well that's the problem, I have the media right in front of me theres no widgets, nor have any tech sites written anything about widgets. So if we're all missing something I'd like to be enlightened.

I don't think it does. I read about some app being to "widgety" also.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is a music "widget" on the spotlight screen (left of main). It represents whatever is playing the music - ipod, pandora, last.fm, whatever - and that appears to be it. I have seen nothing in all of my reading that indicates any sort of true widget functionality like Android has. If anybody can find any info to the contrary, please post!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think it does. I read about some app being to "widgety" also.

I would guess not, considering the new ability to create folders to place apps in was apparently newsworthy - OMG what will they think of next!?!

I just find the strategic issues to be a fun spectacle. It is somewhat comical, however, that a company that prides itself on innovation is playing catch-up with Android.

Mikejl

Reaction score

Mike
I'm sorry, I couldn't find an "I'm being factious smiley" I'll see what I can do.

:)

Mike

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, so now it's the quality of the widgets that matters, eh? Since, of course, iOS4 has widgets.

Look friend, I'm not bashing you personally. It's just that the fanboy-ism associated with the Android o/s, the Droid, and Verizon around here is both childish and tiresome. Just as tiresome as the equivalent fanboy-ism from juvenile iPhone fans.

The fact is that Apple has a giant share of the market for good reason and it's not simply because iXXX users are too stupid or technically inept, that the media is in Apple's pocket, or that the masses have failed to see the light.

It's because Apple has designed a quality product that meets the needs of the vast majority of its users. In turn, they've attracted a huge developer base and largely assure that the apps that are available work as advertised.

The iOS design is a set of compromises. So is the Android OS. So is every design that has ever or will ever see the light of day. The iOS sacrifices customization options in favor of predictable performance and functionality. It limits multitasking for the same reason. That may not be your cupatea but it's not a wrong choice. It's a different design based on different objectives.

the word FANBOY is also tiresome and childish.... The thing is, as an Android "fan" i dislike iPhone but most of us disliked iPhone from the very beginning, before there was a such thing as Android, and we are ecstatic that there is FINALLY something that not only compares but goes toe-to-toe and may be even better (better is an opinion no matter who thinks it).

NO ONE sets the rules for what phone to like and by how much... or what is the limit you can talk negatively about the iPhone... last I checked this is DROIDFORUMS for DROID FANS... to come on here and try to act like we should chill out on the iDon't cause it bothers you is a bit absurd... I HATE MAC and iPhone always will... it's obviously a great product for its fans and NOTHING is going to kill it... but HATING it is soooo much fun.

Fanboy, mindless follower, sheep, call it what you want Apple has them, so does Google. Did you even read my post, did I say chill(nice caps lock btw), did I say one is better than the other? Go ahead and read some of my other posts, competition breads innovation. Before the first iPhone the hottest phones were the likes of Blackberry and Treo. iPhone put out basically the same phone for 3 years before Google stepped up to the plate and got in Apple's face. Now we are seeing some fantastic phones all around EVO, Incredible, Droid X, iPhone 4.

Your right, this is a Droid forum, but, I didn't make this topic. Must have been a rule change to the forums before I went on vacation.

I read your post I don't see where I was off on my assessment of it.... you didn't have to say chill but, it was pretty much implied... I think most of us are fully aware of what the iphone is all about but maybe I took offense to positive iphone talk..

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
Who cares? I already know my Droid is better than the iPhone, I had one before I got my Droid. Today on Facebook, someone posted "My iPhone is now officially way better than yours." I asked the guy, does your processor run at 1.2ghz, NO. Can you custom theme and ROM your phone... NO.

Still, he says he'll be camping outside the Apple store the night before the release. Camping, like in a tent. Come on, how freaking [Edited by FoxKat for content] can we get over a PHONE!

Last edited by a moderator:

franked

Reaction score
Who cares? I already know my Droid is better than the iPhone, I had one before I got my Droid. Today on Facebook, someone posted "My iPhone is now officially way better than yours." I asked the guy, does your processor run at 1.2ghz, NO. Can you custom theme and ROM your phone... NO.

Still, he says he'll be camping outside the Apple store the night before the release. Camping, like in a tent. Come on, how freaking [Edited by FoxKat for content] can we get over a PHONE!

Too funny!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Err well that's the problem, I have the media right in front of me theres no widgets, nor have any tech sites written anything about widgets. So if we
I'm sorry, I couldn't find an "I'm being factious smiley" I'll see what I can do.

:)

Mike
Haha lol, didn't see the smiley at first and plus with the debating atmosphere in here it was hard to gauge the sarcasm factor lol

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid