Autocomplete

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off autocomplete when texting ??

I am so tired of proof reading everything I send because my droid thought the word I typed should have been something else.........

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think you may be able to turn autocorrect off in the keyboard settings but it would also turn it off for everything else. But I don't have a MAXX so I could be wrong.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You should be able to do that in Settings > Language & Input. Select the menu icon next to your default keyboard. Then select Text Correction. There are check boxes you can select or de-select. Also, tap the Auto-correction setting and there is an option for OFF. Like @leeshor stated, this will turn it off on the entire keyboard, not just texting. But you should be able to turn it completely off in the Language & Input menu.

IMG_20150626_203355.jpg

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Thanks I will play around with that ..

I do appreciate it.....

bubbanbrenda

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off autocomplete when texting ??

I am so tired of proof reading everything I send because my droid thought the word I typed should have been something else.........
I switched from the "stock" messaging to Google messenger never looked back. The auto correct still works but seems a little more educated. If you open the "settings" circled in red you can turn auto correct off completely

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited: