ATTENTION! Droidforumsk.com & droidforums.xyz are not official!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No. This is the official one. It was anyway. Don't think it's supported anymore. The one with just a few downloads is fake.
95f8b8d648abb11b48c4ccdd25292e02.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, that's a fake app. It even says DroidNetwork .Net on the app, which is wrong.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The One from Playing App Mobile was fake. The one I posted was the real one. It's dead now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Use Tapatalk

Sent using Tapatalk

sorry, forgot about this thread. I personally would not touch tapatalk with a 10 foot pole because of past privacy and security issues. that was why I was looking for an alternative. I guess I will stick with a bookmark in the mobile browser.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
sorry, forgot about this thread. I personally would not touch tapatalk with a 10 foot pole because of past privacy and security issues. that was why I was looking for an alternative. I guess I will stick with a bookmark in the mobile browser.
Hmmm I've not heard of it... Using it for a long time now

Sent using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
One of my motorcycle forums that's hosted by an enthusiast from own home test bed stopped supporting TapaTalk because the server side demands from TT were just too much of a PITA for him to keep up with.

WildcatRudy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
several forums I belong to no longer recommend using it and have discontinue support. In addition just do a quick online search and you could be surprised.

One of my motorcycle forums that's hosted by an enthusiast from own home test bed stopped supporting TapaTalk because the server side demands from TT were just too much of a PITA for him to keep up with.
My "day job" partly includes administering a few forums (server admin, software, configuration, customization, etc.), and there is a long thread at the Xenforo support forum regarding what TT has been pulling on site owners, including usage of content without authorization, injecting their own ads, leaving gaping holes in server security, etc., all while developing new features that were only half-baked and poorly supported. So, we quit using it about four years ago, IIRC. I used to prefer a different program called ForumRunner, but the vBulletin folks (formerly Jelsoft, but now part of the Internet Brands corporation) bought it out and quickly buried it.

It is not so much a problem for end users as it was for server admins and forum owners, who got tired of their nonsense...

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Gee if you kill those fake sites will those pretty young girls that sent me messages wanting to date me go away :(

I was wondering how someone did that from here and discovered it was actually linked to one of the fake sites. Using it for scam/nefarious purposes.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Gee if you kill those fake sites will those pretty young girls that sent me messages wanting to date me go away :(

I was wondering how someone did that from here and discovered it was actually linked to one of the fake sites. Using it for scam/nefarious purposes.
You received those Private Messages also?

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I got something - I quickly deleted it then thought I should have researched it more. I'm going to try to see what it actually was if remnants are still around somewhere. I wondered how they got an email address but it might have been a private message which would actually make more sense. it looked like it linked back to here but I bet it went to one of those sites.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got something - I quickly deleted it then thought I should have researched it more. I'm going to try to see what it actually was if remnants are still around somewhere. I wondered how they got an email address but it might have been a private message which would actually make more sense. it looked like it linked back to here but I bet it went to one of those sites.
Check out this thread:

Need to Contact the Moderator

It sounds like you received an email alerting you to a new PM on the forum. Many of us received those "requests" and a user reported it in the thread mentioned above.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

you just got a notification alert. if the date is today, then report it, if the message was dated last week, most likely the problem was already taken care of by the moderators.