AT&T vs T-Mobile vs Sprint vs Verizon LTE Speed Test

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Most of us do not have a device from each of the 4 major carriers. Most of us don't even friends with a device from each carrier. In your area it is more likely that two of the major 4 have useable service. Where I live Verizon is king and AT&T is a distant second followed by T-Mobile and Sprint is basically unusable. ZedoMax puts all 4 networks side by side in a speed test in the video above. These results are only good in San Fransisco and will vary everywhere else, but you can still get a good idea at the types of speed you should be able to get from devices in a major city.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
And realistically, each cell tower location is likely to yield different results based on signal strength, signal to noise ratio, and population density. There are a lot of factors, but I did not watch the video.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
for fairness, shouldn't you use the same device along all networks?
Agreed on Both Previous Points. Without using the Same Devices and Variations in Tower Locations this isn't a fair Assessment.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I was thinking the same thing....too many variables. But it was an interesting video nevertheless.

tap'n on my S5

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I saw was a guy had to put all devices next to a window to get decent signal, not a good selling point for any carrier in a video. He did state Verizon was best IF he wasn't being throttled and very surprisingly seemed to be a fanboy for T-Mobile,a carrier with a horrible reputation in California overall.
What I took from the video was every carrier had WAY better signal and results than I ever had with Verizon at my home so even the mediocre results of Sprint blew away what I was used to before switching carriers. I'd have been ecstatic to get the ping times he got (mine were measured in 2 digit seconds not ms) and speeds above aol dial-up

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
VZW and AT&T are about the same in my area in regards to coverage. I live in AT&T country. Me and my buddy both had GS3s. Mine with big blue, and his with Sprint, with LTE on both devices and full signal bars, AT&T beat out Sprint by a far margin. Not sure now as I have moved on in regards to devices.

T-Mo only has EDGE service in the county I live in. Go east or west and they have awesome HSPA service, but still no LTE.