AT&T May Cancel The Sales Of The Note 7

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When a deer has been hit by a car and is laying in the road fighting for air as he slowly bleeds to death it is better to grab your rifle and put the deer out of his misery. After the reports of "Safe" Note 7 devices randomly exploding you begin to wonder when will all of this end? If it is determined that the replacement Note 7 devices are still not safe will Samsung begin a brand new recall?

Whatever happens it seems that AT&T wants to have no part of it. An inside source told Bloomberg today that AT&T is considering cancelling the sale of Note 7 devices. The final decision will likely be made by Friday. If AT&T comes to this decision it would be a pretty big deal. Other carriers might follow suite and Samsung may find themselves selling their own inventory. What do you think? Should AT&T and other carriers help Samsung make the decision to discontinue the Note 7 by refusing to sell it?

via Bloomberg

jbal52

Reaction score
Truly a sad state of affairs! Samsung puts out a great phone which will soundly hit Apple where it hurts but the phone has a major flaw. Will Samsung ever recover? I sure hope so!

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
This is sad for me... I'm actually thinking of going to the S7 if another recall is put out for the Note 7.... I really hate it because I love my Note 7...

From The Sexy Note 7♡

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
From one of the fire victims:

"Klering says he felt Samsung was helping him, until he got a text message from a Samsung representative that was not intended to go to him.
That message read: Just now got this. I can try and slow him down if we think it will matter, or we just let him do what he keeps threatening to do and see if he does it
"It made me think you know what they're not taking this serious enough and it's time to move on," Klering said."

Nicholasville man injured by replacement Samsung phone

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Samsung is handling the thing, even part of it, via text message then yeah that's kinda not taking things seriously.
I'm calling bullshirt on that. Show me the text or a screenshot of it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think the incident of the phone catching fire may have happened but the text, eh.

My question is did he get contacted by Samsung's pr or a rep to investigate and he mistook them for an executive?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
"I even went as far as traveling out of town for an entire day in a lab with them so they could get very extensive X-rays of the phone and do visual inspections to find the problem ."

he obviously had contacts within samsung that not every normal person would. the accidental text wasn't from exec, just a middle man who was assigned to this case.

my guess is he texted them first when they didn't contact him at appointed time and the person on other end is a klutz that instead of forwarding the message did either a group text or reply that included originator. i've had similar incidents happen communicating with multiple people at once through group texting and i was unintended recipient of messages, happens a lot to iphone users for some reason.

R

RETG

It's a death spiral. Would be best for Samsung to pull them all back, replace with a different model and take the write off from their taxes. End it before the publicity kills the company.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
It's a death spiral. Would be best for Samsung to pull them all back, replace with a different model and take the write off from their taxes. End it before the publicity kills the company.
Agreed...

From The Sexy Note 7♡

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If Samsung is handling the thing, even part of it, via text message then yeah that's kinda not taking things seriously.
I'm calling bullshirt on that. Show me the text or a screenshot of it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Exactly! If he got the actual message mistakenly sent by Samsung, then proof of such message is very easy to provide. It reeks of BS.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I find it odd they are all replacements and none are a 1st time buyer...

All of it to me seems strange.

Samsung Note 7.5
It is very strange... I wish Samsung would be more forthcoming..

From The Sexy Note 7♡