Asus Transformer Forum is now OPEN!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Today is an exciting day for the Android Tablet world. ASUS, known for making high quality computer components is launching their first Honeycomb tablet in the US. The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer goes on sale today with a suggested retail price of only $399! Asus has managed to pack some great hardware into this device including the nVidia Tegra 2 processor, 5MP Camera, 10.1" screen. Plus, you can also get the optional add-on keyboard dock, with built-in extra battery for only $150!

Already sold out on Amazon, I'm sure this new tablet will be a major contender in the new Android Tablet era. Be sure to visit the newest forum in the Android.net Network dedicated to the Asus Transformer at Asus Transformer Tablet Forum

yahwarrior

Reaction score
Go things come to those that wait!

I meant Good things. Get this Pad!

Last edited by a moderator:

Amagine

Reaction score
looks interesting. wonder how long till some of the things I used the orginal Ess netbook for (HP Tuners, networking and database configurations, troubleshooting) is available on android. I would love an android version that I can quickly whip out and tune a car at a track event or car show.

larrymg1

Reaction score
It looked good for a short while

Transformer 2 weeks old, working great. Today I pressed the power button to come out of standby. Lock screen displayed (No lock code installed), screen completely unresponsive to any commands. I have tried all of the methods for restart, hard reset, etc to no avail. Current status is welcome display screen requesting startup. No response to any touch commands. ASUS support is only reachable via email and no follow-up after 48 hrs. I was ready to return the Ipad 2 I was also evaluating after earlier returns of the disappointing galaxy tab and the Xoom, but not now. IMHO the whole process with android tablet manufacturers and their convoluted introduction, distribution, and support is a joke. I have never been a big fan of Apple but they are winning this battle so far. BTW, before anyone suggests the docking station will resolve the problem, I have this thought: If I could find a docking station (which I can't) for an additional $150, why should I have to buy that option to have a functional tablet?

King_Bean

Reaction score