ASUS Android Tablet Website Goes Live; New Add Pokes Fun at iPad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus-ipad-ducttape.png

There seems to be a lot of Android Tablet news out today. ASUSTek's website for their Eee Pad Transformer went live recently. Here are the full specs on the intriguing device:
  • NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 1.0GHz dual-core CPU for excellent multitasking & 1080p video playback
  • Android 3.0 Honeycomb O.S. with Adobe® Flash® 10.2 support*2
  • Full QWERTY keyboard, touchpad input with Polaris® Office® for mobile productivity
  • 16*1 hours long battery life for all day computing with docking station
  • Brilliant IPS panel with ultra-wide 178⁰ viewing angle made from scratch resistant and super tough glass
  • One year of Unlimited ASUS WebStorage, two USB ports, SD and Micro SD card readers for easy sharing & storage expendability
  • 3D stereo with max bass response with SRS premium sound
Also, not necessarily to coincide with the new website, Best Buy has an ad for the device that pokes a bit of fun at the Apple iPads. The ad cleverly suggests that you could get your iPad to be just like the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer with some duct tape. It'll be interesting to see how the device actually stacks up to the competition when it is finally released.

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Asus.com and AndroidPolice and BestBuy

ntrddragn

Reaction score
LOL love the duct tape. Im getting me this one for sure. at 4 bills its price right with those specs.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I think this is probably one of the best tablets being released. Why would anyone get one of the other ones over this one?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
When I heard about this a couple of weeks ago I was excited about it.
This is the one!

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I wonder how much the keyboard is, if it is included or at a good price this will for sure be the tablet i buy

Big Ry

Reaction score
Holy shnikies!!!! $400!?!? :) :)

This just made my year. Of all the rumored tablets, this and the toshiba were the only ones that sparked my interest. And I became a bit more biased towards the asus because I just bought a brand new asus n73jq and love it. For $400, this is DEFINITELY the tablet I'm buying!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Anomander

Reaction score
LOL love the duct tape. Im getting me this one for sure. at 4 bills its price right with those specs.
Where did you see a price at on this? I checked the Asus site out and it did not have anything listed for the price.

wierdo124

Reaction score
The best part is its asus. Asus definitely won't pull any Moto or Samsung crap. they're a great company.

Big Ry

Reaction score
The best part is its asus. Asus definitely won't pull any Moto or Samsung crap. they're a great company.

Don't jinx it!!! Lol

Man, I hope their tablets also come with the awesome 2 year warranty + 1 year accidental damage coverage that's extendable to 2 years by simply registering your product. You just can't beat asus's coverage given the fact that its FREE!

Now if only their tablets come with 3 memory slots, so I can max it out at 12GB like my laptop :D

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This is great!

I'm so glad some big named computer manufacturer companies are starting to chime in. They'll bring great performance at a great price. Hopefully it will force Samsung/Motorola/others to lower their prices.

I'm eager to know what HP will mark their Touch Pad at. Hopefully it will be in the same range.

yahwarrior

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with Asus boards in any of my rigs so I'll give them a try .

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with Asus boards in any of my rigs so I'll give them a try .

We've had 2 ASUS netbooks that we got over 2 years ago without a single problem. One is on almost 24/7, being used mainly as a printer server. The other is on for several hours most days. I would definitely get an ASUS tablet if the price is right.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
That's pretty awesome...right price (certainly better than the Xoom!) and from a reputable hardware manufacturer.