ASUS Eee Pad Transformer with Android 3.1 Supports Xbox360 and PS3 Controllers

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I don't play outside, but you know where I was going with that. But at least when you plug your console in to a tv, the screen size will surely be bigger than 10.1 inches right. That way you don't have to have your face right up at that small 10.1 inch screen.

Sent from my DROID2

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I see no logical reason why Microsoft or Sony wouldn't love to give up making consoles and focus entirely on software and peripherals that work on a multitude of devices rather than only their proprietary system. It seems to me they'd make more sales.

It's always been about controlling the home media center.

Don't hold your breath. Computers have had the capability for some time but MS and Sony aren't porting their console software to PC's.

Heck, Sony won't even let you dual boot Linux anymore...do you really think they're going to load up their PS3 on Android?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Doh no edit....Experia Experia....OK, so maybe Sony or MS will come out with phones and tablets to replace their box. But I'd be skeptical that those would be more than a game-specific purposed device.

Darkseider

Reaction score
After seeing what the Sony NGP, now PS Vita, is capable of and it is still in its' infancy I have no doubt that tablets may one day replace dedicated consoles. The nVidia Tegra 3 and other quad core Cortex A9 SoCs are just the beginning. When we start seeing 12nm - 14nm processes and 8 way Cortex A9 or Cortex A15 SoCs married with the latest in mobile multi-core GPUs is when game consoles will start to fade. This won't be for at least another 3 - 5 years but it will come. It's just the natural progression of things. ARM powered devices will replace much of what we have now in the mobile and desktop space. Just look at the Kal-El tablet demo videos that surfaced today. The thing is absolutely amazing and will perform 20% - 30% better than the prototype according to all nVidia reps.