Astro Manager Custom Rom

Dnomyar

Reaction score
Can installing Astro Manager and downloading apk files brick your phone? Are there any negative consequences that may come from it?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
downloading apks should not be a problem. there are no viruses for android(except in Russia )

joeybarclay

Reaction score
i dont understand the title Astro Manager Custom Rom. astro is safe and so are apks. are you worried that it will conflict with ur rom? it shouldnt

OP
D

Dnomyar

Reaction score
All I know is i've been reading articles about how rooting your phone or installing custom roms will brick your phone. I don't really know anything about rooting but all i've heard is that installing astro and downloading Apk files to get applications for free is also known as using custom roms. So i don't know if it's the same thing. I just don't want to cause any problems with my phone.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
downloading apps and using astro is not dangerous. ive never heard apks called roms before if u see someone say something about a rom they are most likely talking about stuff for root users. you should be ok dancedroid

tyler918273

Reaction score
Apks for the most part should be safe, just consider where you are getting them from as they could potentially be malicious if that is the devs intentions. You also must check install from unknown sources in settings in order to install them in this way. Roms are completely different, they are basically custom operating systems which require root access to employ, but they are still not likely to be problematic unless you don't follow the installation instructions properly. To most root users, installing custom roms is routine.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is it possible to download a zip file such as a rom directly to my phone and then use astro to rename the file and install it via sprecovery?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All I know is i've been reading articles about how rooting your phone or installing custom roms will brick your phone. I don't really know anything about rooting but all i've heard is that installing astro and downloading Apk files to get applications for free is also known as using custom roms. So i don't know if it's the same thing. I just don't want to cause any problems with my phone.

Not trying to be rude, but you need to do a lot more reading. Read all FAQs you can find and then just start reading threads about any and everything. You will gain an understanding of how all this works.