ASTRO File Manager for Android

asforel

Reaction score
The ASTRO File Manager helps you get the most out of your Android smart phone. The Android operating system is designed to be very open and flexible, giving its users the chance to do more things on their phone than ever before. ASTRO helps your phone reach its full potential by giving you the tools to manage your phone.

Features:
Astro Android App
is a File Manager for the Android OS. It allows you to manage files on your phone without the need for a computer. Operations you can perform: copy, paste, move, delete, open with other apps, create and folders, etc. What’s convenient about Astro File Manager is the ability to select multiple files to perform actions. Another convenient feature is the ability to Search for files. The app also provides details on Android apps such as package name, version, file size, and even app activities.
ASTRO File Manager Android App features the ability to backup Android Apps to SD card… a band-aid for the loud public cry from Android users who want to free up low internal phone memory without Rooting the phone. This means you can backup the installer files (APK) on your SD Card, then you can uninstall the app. Thus freeing up space but removing the app. To reuse the app, you will have to reinstall the app from the backup.
Some of the things you can do with the ASTRO File Manager

• Manage all files on your SD card (copy, move, rename)
  • Manage multiple files and directories at once
  • Backup applications
  • Manage running applications
  • Send files as attachments
  • View thumbnails and images
  • Browse and create compressed files like Zip and Tar
  • Much more
AstroFileManager_thumb.jpg

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Is there an app that allows you to access the folders on the DX and the SD, without having to root the DX?

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I am concerned about rooting my DX, because it acts flakey as it is. It restarts itself occasionally, usually at a bad time like when I am using it as a GPS. If I root it, I'm afraid it will behave worse.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I love Astro - bought it, too.
A regular file manager with a few really nice bells and whistles.
And it does what it says it does very well indeed.

Last edited:

fnpaulie

Reaction score
This will probably make me sound like an idiot, but I am what I am. What does the Astro File Manager do? I see it can be used to kill apps, I see no other need to have it. If someone can tell me in simple terms what it can do to help me I'd be happy to use the program. It sounds like a great app for whatever it does.

mr_silent

Reaction score
File Manger by the Adao team has always worked fine for me, plus its free. I like the UI as well. It can do anything astro can do but the I guess the main reason I don't use astro is that I don't like the icon.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

fnpaulie

Reaction score
What does this accomplish? I'm not being dense, I'm just not sure what this app accomplishes. Manage apps and files how? For what? I can use the application manager on my phone to move apps to and from the card.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Here's a use.
I tried the Doom game. I decided to uninstall it. Afterwards I opened Astro and found the Doom folder on the phone. Almost 5mb of files. Two presses later, it was deleted.
Without it I would have had the orphaned folder still using space on the phone.

"Operations you can perform: copy, paste, move, delete, open with other apps, create and folders, etc."

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
So what is it that Astro does???

Well it no longer has the capability of launching thermonuclear devices. The developer removed that ability some months back. Beyond that, it lets you move and delete files as needed from your SD card, and I think on the main phone itself. Moving, removing and renaming are the primary uses.

-Mike

fnpaulie

Reaction score
Here's a use.
I tried the Doom game. I decided to uninstall it. Afterwards I opened Astro and found the Doom folder on the phone. Almost 5mb of files. Two presses later, it was deleted.
Without it I would have had the orphaned folder still using space on the phone.

"Operations you can perform: copy, paste, move, delete, open with other apps, create and folders, etc."

Got it! Now that makes sense. Good app... ;)

timrock

Reaction score
What does this accomplish? I'm not being dense, I'm just not sure what this app accomplishes. Manage apps and files how? For what? I can use the application manager on my phone to move apps to and from the card.
move, copy, past, delete files. not just apps. its like the file browser on your pc. you want to create different folders for certains pics. this does it. need to create sub folders for what ever reason. zip a file and email it. rename files. extract zip files. cant locate something on your card, but know the name of it, use the search function.

i actually prefer astro over rootexplorer, since i never really touch the files on my droid x.