Astro File Manager vs Linda File Manager

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I used Astro for a long time and have tried Linda. But I uninstalled both and now use Root Explorer for all file maintenance.

OK for maintenance. But what are you going to do to install a .apk file? Root Explorer doesn't do that does it?

Yeppers - it does. I just decided since I had to have it for editing/renaming,deleting system files I would just use it for everything.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
i have used linda manager since i got my hone in january and like it better than astro cause its smaller and runs faster plus i like the short cuts on the home screen of the app and the app list

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using astro since I got my droid. It works for everything (so far) that I need it to. I didn't vote since I haven't used Linda and can't compare.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
I misclicked and voted Astro :(

Anyway, thanks OP. I hadn't tried Linda, and really never liked Astro at all. I had been using EStrong, but at 1/3 the size Linda does 90% of what I want, so I uninstalled EStrong. I can always change on occasion when a need requires the DL, but I'm an app junkie and more space is a very good thing. Linda also let me uninstall Advanced Task Manager, which I only kept around for faster uninstalls. The uninstall is really quick and almost too easy in Linda (strange that it's the default action on click :)) The details option from long-click in the Application Manager is broken for me, but I can get that from the slower built in interface when needed.

Thanks again for raising the question.

crackedvenom

Reaction score
im trying linda now. ive noticed astro getting slower and slower lately as someone mentioned.