Astro killing my battery?

ricks

Reaction score
On the 23rd I downloaded Astro, At night I turn my phone off and the next morning my battery was down 30%, It was down 30% again the next morning. Does this app do this to anyone else. On the 21st my phone was at 100% before I turned it off and on the 22nd in the morning it was still at 100%.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've never noticed this and I've had astro for long time.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the 23rd I downloaded Astro, At night I turn my phone off and the next morning my battery was down 30%, It was down 30% again the next morning. Does this app do this to anyone else. On the 21st my phone was at 100% before I turned it off and on the 22nd in the morning it was still at 100%.

Astro is not killing your battery. If you want to find out whats using your battery check your battery use in the about phone settings.

BKS

Reaction score

Astro is not killing your battery. If you want to find out whats using your battery check your battery use in the about phone settings.

Yeah , I've had Astro for a month now and upon viewing my batt useage, it doesn't appear to be much different. It must be another app.

Ricks....are you using an app killer? Those things will suck you dry.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
There are also several apps in the market that make battery info readily accessible, including what apps have been using it.
I've had these mysterious drops overnight and wondered about it myself. The biggest drop I had was when I had monitoring enabled on System Panel App.
The problem is all the battery info apps only tell you what's happened when the phone is on. How do you find out what makes it drop while the phone is off?
I've also wondered if some battery loss while off overnight (or all day) is normal behavior.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
All I know is that this did not happen before. It all started the day I downloaded Astro. I had a few updates that day also, Skyfire, facebook touch and Fx Camera. Thats all that happened that day.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score

When I first turn my phone on in the morning the battery use starts from the moment it is turned on. I cant see what happened over night. So I cant rule anything out.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
I don't think it's Astro either. It doesn't run all the time. My guess would be the Facebook update or something else that runs or syncs on its own.

FingersXG

Reaction score

Wait...the phone is off and you're losing 30% of your battery? That's not an app issue, there's something else going on.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Ok, the last couple of days after charging my phone at night and turning it completely off, as I do every day, I wake up the next morning and power up my phone and it was at 100%. This morning it was at 70%. What is happening again? The last time this happened, I uninstalled Facebook Touch and it was ok.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
IIRC there are threads regarding similar symptoms (battery loss while off). You might want to research them to see if anything applies to your situation. Sorry, I don't have the links handy.

All I know is that this did not happen before. It all started the day I downloaded Astro. I had a few updates that day also, Skyfire, facebook touch and Fx Camera. Thats all that happened that day.
It's certainly a good troubleshooting approach to consider what has changed recently but it's also important to realize the difference between causal and coincidental relationships.

When I first turn my phone on in the morning the battery use starts from the moment it is turned on. I cant see what happened over night. So I cant rule anything out.
That certainly makes it trickier. You can certainly still rule things out. Start uninstalling and monitoring.

I doubt Astro's the issue but I charge my Droid overnight and never turn it off. Can't really comment on whether or not my battery loses charge overnight but it's certainly not an issue during the day.

Last edited:
OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
Ok so I called Verizon on this issue and they told me to remove my battery every night. They also told me to make sure I am using a task killer. I hate them. Then I called Motorola customer support and they are sending me a new battery.

OP
ricks

ricks

Reaction score
So this morning I noticed my battery went down from 70% last night to 15% while it was off. I hope when my new battery comes it fixes this issue.