Apps2SD Partition on CM6

nightwo|f

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've searched a bit here and didn't see what I'm looking for. I just installed CM6 RC2 mainly for the method that CM uses for Apps2SD, or appears to at least with a dedicated partition. I let RomManager partition the card and restored everything to it (selected a 512MB partition, and 64mb for swap). However after getting everything restored and up and running that 512MB partition isn't mounted nor is the swap active either. Is this still being worked on, or is there something special that has to be done?

After install I did go into Settings -> CM Settings.. and selected the external storage for applications, but when doing so it uses the froyo method for apps on sd which I was hoping to avoid. I can't seem to mount the /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 partition, perhaps due to lack of extX support in the kernel I'm not sure. The wiki and other documentation doesn't appear to have caught up yet, just wondering if there is some more info as to how Apps2SD is working in CM6 for the droid.

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've searched a bit here and didn't see what I'm looking for. I just installed CM6 RC2 mainly for the method that CM uses for Apps2SD, or appears to at least with a dedicated partition. I let RomManager partition the card and restored everything to it (selected a 512MB partition, and 64mb for swap). However after getting everything restored and up and running that 512MB partition isn't mounted nor is the swap active either. Is this still being worked on, or is there something special that has to be done?

After install I did go into Settings -> CM Settings.. and selected the external storage for applications, but when doing so it uses the froyo method for apps on sd which I was hoping to avoid. I can't seem to mount the /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 partition, perhaps due to lack of extX support in the kernel I'm not sure. The wiki and other documentation doesn't appear to have caught up yet, just wondering if there is some more info as to how Apps2SD is working in CM6 for the droid.

you do not need to partition your sd card..it will still use the froyo method but if apps do not get installed on your sd card you will still be able to move them..hopefully the old system of apps2sd will be implemented in future builds of cyanogen

OP
N

nightwo|f

Reaction score
Yea it installed a bunch with the froyo method when I selected the external storage for the default. I was hoping to use the dedicated partition so it wouldn't take forever to mount/unmount the sd card via usb with a bunch of apps, and the froyo method just seems sloppy having all the loop devices active. At least the wifi is working much better under CM6rc2 than under previous roms (the wifi would timeout often previously).

Reaction score
Mounting and in mounting usually doesn't take long..but u definitely agree
I dislike the froyo method also..I hope the old apps2sd method is added sometime