Apps Force Closing on CM 6 RC1? Read here...

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay so last night after installing CM6, and getting all my apps and games installed, i did a quick check through and all of them worked, except for Word Wise Pro. I extracted the logcat, and found that the error was caused by the VM Heap Size being too low.

So, for anyone with apps force closing, go to Settings > CyanogenMod settings > Performance Settings (hit okay) > VM Heap Size: Change to 32m (the max value there). Then reboot.

should fix your problems!

sandfreak

Reaction score
i switched to cm6 and also had problems with some apps not showing up in the market.

these are two separate issues right?

papy72

Reaction score
Okay so last night after installing CM6, and getting all my apps and games installed, i did a quick check through and all of them worked, except for Word Wise Pro. I extracted the logcat, and found that the error was caused by the VM Heap Size being too low.
How did you extract the log, and can you give me an example of what the error said that tipped you off?

I've been having FC issues with a couple apps (an I have the alogcat app) but am not sure what I am looking for.

securitynick

Reaction score
I seem to be getting a lot of random errors that aren't specific to any app. The error pops up and then makes the home screen re-draw itself. Error is below, anyone else?

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

nyijedi

Reaction score
I seem to be getting a lot of random errors that aren't specific to any app. The error pops up and then makes the home screen re-draw itself. Error is below, anyone else?

I've also been getting this a lot as well, and I've noticed some other people also mentioning it. I'm sure the CM team will have it fixed for the official release.

Taegost

Reaction score

I've also been getting this a lot as well, and I've noticed some other people also mentioning it. I'm sure the CM team will have it fixed for the official release.

I get the home screen re-draw often, and I had that process.acore error a lot with other mods, not with CM6 though.
I'm still wondering what the downside to setting the heap up that high is, but I guess I'll just do it and make a backup :)