Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
-E-jAfuwURMbYgvRhS8xLL8p280U9ueeC-IDrJOFmxGZpBJCWOY4jTbOKK1DZkPIFAUu=w300-rw

Well, we knew this was coming. Here it is.

Apple Music is now available in the Play Store. Articles I've read are calling it beta, but the app description doesn't seem to show that designation.

Things to note:
-Though it doesn't claim to be beta, reviews seems to reflect beta status
-3 free month trial available
-To sign up for a family plan, you must have a Mac or iOS device
-Music videos are not currently working

Though I'm not the biggest Apple fan by any means, I do have to give them credit for making the app with Google's Design standards in mind. Gizmodo has this quote from Apple exec. Eddie Cue:
“It’s a full native app, so it will look and feel like an Android app. The menus will look like Android, you know the little hamburger they use on the top. It’ll definitely feel very much like an Android app,” Cue said. “We wanted customers on Android to naturally be able to use it — what they’ve learned and how they interact is common.”

So, what do you think? Anybody going to give this a try? Do you think we need another streaming service on Android?

Please let us know what, if any, other services you currently pay to subscribe to for music (or are currently on a free trial for) if you're planning on trying Apple Music.

I still haven't decided whether it's worth it for me to try it out. I'm already pretty well invested in Google Play All Access. However, I'm not opposed to seeing what they have to offer, so I may at least break down and give the free trial a spin.

Get the app here: Apple Music - Android Apps on Google Play

Gizmodo thread with quote included above can be found here: Apple Music Is Now Available On Android

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I may give it a shot. I haven't been the happiest with the radio stations the Play Music app generates from a song or artist I choose.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I may give it a shot. I haven't been the happiest with the radio stations the Play Music app generates from a song or artist I choose.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Really? I've actually been really impressed with them. I even like to tap the "I'm Feeling Lucky" widget sometimes and just see what it comes up with. Granted, I have to tap it a few times sometimes, but I've had it bring up whole playlists of stuff I wouldn't have chosen myself, but I liked every tune on there.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I admit I haven't tried it in a while, since I wasn't happy with it to begin with. It just seemed to cater to new artists and stuff I wouldn't really choose. I'm weird though, I might like a few songs from one artist but not the rest, so that might be effecting it. I'll give it a shot again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Idk if it's improved anything for me, but I've been really conscious about giving the thumbs up whenever I can to songs I like.

I still may try Apple music, just to say I tried it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Idk if it's improved anything for me, but I've been really conscious about giving the thumbs up whenever I can to songs I like.

I still may try Apple music, just to say I tried it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
That's a good point. I'm sure that helps, I don't do that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'll give it a shot. I don't see a downside..

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Well, after 2 days of using it, here are my thoughts. Remember, this is a BETA.

There are lots of UI issues that I've been having on my N6. I've heard it isn't so bad on other devices but it does make the app unusable at times. Even then there is not much to do without giving Apple $10/month or starting that free trial (which I don't want to do). Beats 1 is not for me. I really wish they'd allow listening of the other radio stations or iTunes radio. Not everyone cares for hip hop. I had to listen for over 2 hours just to hear an emo song.

The design is decent which is to say its pretty lacking by Apple standards. The hybrid of material and iOS is just weird and confusing for me. Many times I'm trying to think of which guidelines they tried to follow.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk