Apple Music coming to Android in the Fall

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
539ae168-s.jpg

We normally try to avoid talking Apple here as Android users feel like they get bombarded enough from their Apple using coworkers. But this news is actually Android related.

A year ago Apple purchased Beats and acquired Beats Music. They have since evolved that into a music app that looks to challenge all the other music services on the market. With Apple's robust collection of music paired with Beats branding as well as a large collection of artists they stand capable of providing a competitive service. At $9.99 per month ($14.99 family plan) this is a tempting price point for android users.

A brief discussion of what Apple Music [is] can be found here.

As an Android user are you willing to give Apple Music a trial or are you going to pass?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To answer my own question, after watching those videos I am going to give it a try. $9.99 per month is what I would pay for Google Music.

Reaction score
I dont think I will be giving it a try. as a student I get spotify for 4.99 a month and it is fantastic

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I pay $7.99 for Google Music so two dollars more isn't bad. I'll be passing this one up though since I am already subscribed to the GM service.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Ok so they have a $14.99 family plan. That's what's up.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It was MOG before it was BEATS. I really liked the service because of the highest quality streams, at least on laptop (320 bit), and the fact you could play specific songs or albums from artists.

Of course, that quality of stream could be an issue for people on capped data plans (@100 megs per hour of music).

Anyway, I've got a pretty big library of music that I can stream, and if I want newer stuff or more variety I still like Pandora free. And if you want higher quality without ads, Pandora is less than half this price.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Between Pandora, Slacker, iHeart, TuneIn & Prime music, I have no need to pay 10 bucks a month for Apple music.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I don't think I'll be trying this one out. I have Prime and never use it. I pay $7.99/mo for Google's offering and have been very pleased with it. If we had a third and/or fourth member of the family who could use it, I MIGHT give it a try for the family membership, but I'm just no interested. I'll find ways to get the music I want if Apple pulls exclusivity deals out of their back sides, but until then, I'm content with the services I have. I can also listen to Sirius xm for free on the app now (used to cost an extra $3.something a month in addition to my paid off lifetime subscription) as well, which is awesome now that I gave the wife the car with the satellite radio when we bought my truck.

When were they ever early to the party? :p;)
Their were rumors of the G1 before it came out, but I'd have to say they were early with the iPhone...as much as I hate to admit it. Pretty sure that was the very last time though.