Anyone who has gone from the iphone 4 to Android?

pilot25

Reaction score
I'm due for an upgrade. I'm going to wait until the June release of the next iphone to make my decision.

Is there anyone on here who has used the iphone 4 and made the switch to Android?

Did you make the switch because of ATT or because of Apple?

I only am thinking of switching because of 2 things:
1) My company has a program I use extensively that uses a custom iphone app. to access it from anywhere. The android app has been shelved due to costs of having to worry about the app created on varied devices.
2) There are lots of apps for the iphone that don't exist for Android. One I would use the most is The Economist app.

Things that would hinder me from switching is I use the Pure Calendar Widget app to quickly check my schedule. I do this about 10 million times a day. Does apple have a cal widget like Pure Cal? Also, I like the Google Calendar and Gmail seemless push to the device. Does Apple have this?

I don't care about fanboy garbage or open source or rooting. I just want a functional device and my original droid is becoming a pain in the arse.

Last edited:

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
Stick to android I had an iPhone and the email push is bad and the Calender is pretty bad

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
That has always been one of my complaints on android, the email push, sometimes it works, sometimes i have unread emails sitting without a notification. My blackberry was crap compared to my D1, and my DX but at least it told me about EVERY email i got.

Detonation

Reaction score
Wait so you have a Droid and want to switch to the iphone? Or the other way around? You mention both in your post.

UNC

Reaction score
I know you're asking about the iPhone 4, but I switched from 3gs to android. (Due to AT&T)

The iPhone was as good if not better than the Droid on many things, but a calender widget is not one of them. (Atleast it wasn't)

The iPhone is just a much more focused device. Everything about it is far more finished than on Android. (Except the weather app's
icon!! That 70 drove me crazy!)

The apps are better, the battery is better, and the support from Apple is better. Its not like there's an HTC or Motorola store to get support from...

I'd say if you have neither, and don't have 100s of paid apps forcing you to stay, then go Apple. My only regret about switching to vPhone will be losing my paid Android apps.. but I also have tons of paid iOS apps, so c'est la vie!

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Switched from my 4, because after several replacements my proximity sensor was still giving me problems, and the number of dropped calls where too much. Went to Verizon because I tried ATT's Galaxy S and couldnt take the horrible GPS, and had to get the data cap 2GB plan. Got a Droid X on Verizon and havent looked back.

GDP

Reaction score
The thing that sucks about the iphone is that many apps that are free on android cost money on iOS. Angry birds is just one of the many examples, and the first one you'll notice since it is at the top of most of the games lists

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I *WISH* there was a version of Angry Birds I could buy on Android. The ads are ANNOYING.

OP
pilot25

pilot25

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. What about the Google Maps. Is it the same? I don't care about navigation. I use the map display for traffic. Is there the Arrow icon that is you "driving down the street" on the iphone? I was told it wasn't as accurate as the Droid, in terms of GPS distance. Generally Droid is within a few feet and tracks you as you go.

Of course, all these questions could be answered in June when iphone 5 comes out. Who knows?

LS&N

Reaction score
Verizon has the iPhone now

Wooohooo!
I just pre-ordered my iPhone!!!!!

Gotta do it online

I like my moto droid very much but only have it because there was no Verizon/iPhone combo - till now
I also have the iPod Touch which is one refined machine, unlike my droid which is 'good enough'

Come on Feb 3......

Last edited:

foolie

Reaction score
Wooohooo!

Gotta do it online

I like my moto droid very much but only have it because there was no Verizon/iPhone combo - till now

Come on Feb 3......

Are you paying full price for yours? For the people who got the D1 on 1st day shouldn't have their NE2 yet until a few months later!

LS&N

Reaction score
Wooohooo!

Gotta do it online

Come on Feb 3......

Are you paying full price for yours? For the people who got the D1 on 1st day shouldn't have their NE2 yet until a few months later!

I am not sure what it is gonna cost me
I have till Aug for the NE2
Doesn't matter to me all that much, these smart phones are stupid expensive but are just too handy
Too many little problems with Android and they will, in my opinion, always be playing catch up with Apple