Anyone returned the Razr?

fekish

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am a new owner, but definitely not a proud one...
The wifi problem is just a thing that someone should not expect in 2012 for their phone...

Did anyone return their phone back? Are there any possible solutions for the wifi issues?

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
What sort of wifi issues are you having?

Sent from my RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
F

fekish

Reaction score
I have 2 phones and one tablet next to it...
The razr gets double the time to show networks available and then it is always weeker that the other ones.
Also it looses connectivity very often.

After a quick search i saw that this is a widely issue with this phone.

I thought that this would've been at least double the power in terms of wifi from my Motorola Milestone 1 (!!!) and in the end it doesnt have even half of its strength!

OP
F

fekish

Reaction score
Thanks for the solution, but most of the hours of the day that i usually use wifi are in spaces that the router is not mine :(

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
I haven't returned a Razr but I'he swapped mine out several times now for various reason with all of my Razrs execpt 1 having data issues (this one included).

Assize from the poor wifi antenna they all seemed to work OK except 2 of them would drop wifi often from the masterbed, but that's at any extreme distance from router & these hardly show any bars when only in the next room.

The antenna is located where your right hand will block it, but using you left hand or landscape helps get better wifi signal.

1339708296469.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I haven't returned a Razr but I'he swapped mine out several times now for various reason with all of my Razrs execpt 1 having data issues (this one included).

Assize from the poor wifi antenna they all seemed to work OK except 2 of them would drop wifi often from the masterbed, but that's at any extreme distance from router & these hardly show any bars when only in the next room.

The antenna is located where your right hand will block it, but using you left hand or landscape helps get better wifi signal.

1339708296469.jpg

This is good to know... I'll file this in the old noggin.. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
F

fekish

Reaction score
Ok thanks, so it is a hardware issue and not a software one?
And we were accusing iPhone for losing signal.... At least they found a solution for their problem....

Sent from my Moto RAZR

Caesars

Reaction score
Huh I dunno mate, I have zero problems with my maxx and wifi. Good luck

Zandar

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your issues. I have a RAZR and one for the wife and we've both had no issues thus far; some people seem to be lemon magnets.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
All four of the maxx's on my account, two of which I use regularly, are flawless.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
F

fekish

Reaction score
Have you actually compared wifi connection with other devices? Or are you using 3g most of the time?

Cause comparing a brand new phone with a 3 years old phone, has quite embarrassing results for Motorola....

Sent from my Moto RAZR

jpd

Reaction score
d

Not sure how many people who returned their phones would still be checking in on this forum. Besides me.

I returned my phone 12 days into the contract. I found myself trying to like the phone vs. really liking it. A few reasons why. It was larger than i liked. I was coming from a droid Incredible which fit my hand like a glove. I could hold the phone in one hand and access everypart of the screen with my thumb. I did not realize how big of a deal that was for me until I got the RAZR. The battery was a bit of a disappointment for me. When I heard how large the battery was I had visions of it lasting as long as my Incredible with a 3500 aftermarket battery. I would take the RAZR off the charger at 6:30 in the morning and it would need to be recharged around 4:30-6:30 in the afternoon. Not what I had in mind. I tried the various tricks I read about on here to get more out of the battery but they did not make much of a difference. (I do appreciate that people are trying to give advice to help others though). I realized that my next phone will need to have a battery that I can replace whenever I want for convienence especially when I go camping and don't have easy access to a charger.

The above were the deal breakers for me. There were a couple of other small things though. I like to assign ringtones to my contacts, there were a couple of people I could not assign ringtones to. Don't know why, they worked for everyone else and I never had that problem on my Incredible. Another thing was that when I first got the phone I was not able to use the headphone jack. I updated a few things and it worked fine. Then on day 12 the headphone jack stopped working again. I was already contemplating returning the phone and had pretty much decided to return it but that was the icing on the cake for me. I ate the $35 activation fee and went back to my rooted Incredible. That phone is like an old pair of shoes for me.

Can't say the RAZR is a bad phone, it just was not for me.

OP
F

fekish

Reaction score
Not sure how many people who returned their phones would still be checking in on this forum. Besides me.

So true! That's why in the end we only hear the good things about their phone...

Sent from my Moto RAZR