Anyone ready to return/sell their phones after the Droid 4 leak?

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Im still stoked that i can brag to the brand new D4 owners about all the things my older phone has that their newer one doesnt...

- World Phone
- Already unlocked bootloader and tons of awesome roms
- ICS will most likely be with the D3 before D4
- Our D3's are bulletproof.
-Cyanogenmod on d4? puhleasssse we barely have it for our D3's the D4 is gonna be wayyyyyy behind.

I feel like moto is releasing the D4 just for xmas time/4G and the Droid 4 is going to be the premature release of the droid 5, not the D3 being premature of the D4, thus causing the D4 owners to hate themselves because half way through next year we'll all be seeing D5's anyways when the iPhone 5 releases.

In many ways I feel like the droid 4 - although a newer phone with some extra capabilities - is going to be released and already be behind every phone out.
i guess it will make a good stocking stuffer, but as far as release specs go im thoroughly unimpressed with the D4.

Hate to be that guy that feels the need to correct others, but we are rooted, bootloader is still locked. On the other hand, I'm generally in agreement with everything else.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Im still stoked that i can brag to the brand new D4 owners about all the things my older phone has that their newer one doesnt...

- World Phone
- Already unlocked bootloader and tons of awesome roms
- ICS will most likely be with the D3 before D4
- Our D3's are bulletproof.
-Cyanogenmod on d4? puhleasssse we barely have it for our D3's the D4 is gonna be wayyyyyy behind.

I feel like moto is releasing the D4 just for xmas time/4G and the Droid 4 is going to be the premature release of the droid 5, not the D3 being premature of the D4, thus causing the D4 owners to hate themselves because half way through next year we'll all be seeing D5's anyways when the iPhone 5 releases.

In many ways I feel like the droid 4 - although a newer phone with some extra capabilities - is going to be released and already be behind every phone out.
i guess it will make a good stocking stuffer, but as far as release specs go im thoroughly unimpressed with the D4.

Actually I believe D4 will receive ICS before D3 simply because its a RAZR with a keyboard. Moto has already said RAZR would be getting it so I believe this definitely puts us on the back burner. Bootloader is still locked btw.

Sent from my DROID3

tuffD1

Reaction score
This is starting to sound like the Bionic vs. Razr complaint.

Sent from my Steel Droid¹

pyro6128

Reaction score
Switching to the Nexus, I can't wait. The d2 and the d3 did not live up to my experience with the og. I'm willing to give up the keyboard for the Nexus.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

mikedyk43

Reaction score
Actually I believe D4 will receive ICS before D3 simply because its a RAZR with a keyboard. Moto has already said RAZR would be getting it so I believe this definitely puts us on the back burner. Bootloader is still locked btw.

Sent from my DROID3

D4 will likely get the "official" bloated ICS first, but I'm pretty sure D3 will see CM9 and its bloat free ICS first.

Reaction score
Switching to the Nexus, I can't wait. The d2 and the d3 did not live up to my experience with the og. I'm willing to give up the keyboard for the Nexus.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

+++++++1

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

jimikeys

Reaction score
nah... I'm waiting until D5 or D6 with the new LTE chipsets, better battery life better graphics ans power. D3 sells for bout 5 bucks I'm guess the LTE's will go for about 530 and up since D5/6 won't get VZW's full promo power it'll be in the mid 500's so I'll just buy one next year outright. The D3 suits my needs for now, VZW LTE sill has some kinks in it.

Riley

Reaction score
I'm tempted to get a Nexus when they release, not sure yet......D3 is a great phone......I cannot wait to try a full functioning CM9 on it.....but we'll see I'm impulsive so lol :p

Erikbal

Reaction score
Wasn't today supposed to be the release date? My brother was just in our local Verizon store around noon getting a new phone (Bionic) and said there wasn't a single thing in the store about the D4 and he asked about it and they didn't know much...

AZClimber

Reaction score
They won't release it until I get fed up (my impatience gets the best of me) and I buy a D3 from Verizon. Then after the 14 day return period they will release the D4 and I won't be able to return the D3 for the D4 - Sneaky b@ast@rds!

doogald

Reaction score
They won't release it until I get fed up (my impatience gets the best of me) and I buy a D3 from Verizon. Then after the 14 day return period they will release the D4 and I won't be able to return the D3 for the D4 - Sneaky b@ast@rds!

Isn't there a promotion going on right now that extends the return period of any phone purchased to January 9?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too am going with the Nexus once it's released. Always felt like I need a keyboard.. but I really want that phone. If it turns out I do, I suppose I'll return it for the Droid 4. :p But I think the 4.65" screen will suffice.

Isn't there a promotion going on right now that extends the return period of any phone purchased to January 9?
This is what I thought.. but everyone seems to be going back to the 14-day thing.

DroidMoose

Reaction score
Maybe an occupy Verizon protest is in order LOL