Anyone ready to return/sell their phones after the Droid 4 leak?

Ragnell

Reaction score
I only reason I got this phone is because no 4g LTE phone had a physical keyboard, Blackberries has spoiled me too much and Now that the Droid 4 is coming out not even 6 months after the Droid 3, this is probably the first time ever I've felt buyer's remorse, Everything the Droid 4 has is what the Droid 3 should have been, Why even come out with the Droid 3 at all I wonder?

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I don't feel buyer's remorse because there is no perfect phone for me. The perfect phone for me is an amalgamation of all the phones I've ever owned (minus my first VM prepaid phone). Until our phones are made to order, like pizza, I won't feel like I'm missing out on much:)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

spillner

Reaction score
Pissed off doesn't even come close to how I feel about Moto right now. D3 is my last Moto phone.

DinoRick

Reaction score
I came from a Droid X (which I loved) to the Droid 3 because of its keyboard, but now that Motorola is making so many phones I am ready to sell my Droid 3. I think I will try my luck with Samsung or HTC now.

jamesjones25

Reaction score
I've had D1,D2 and now D3. When D4 comes out I will get it. Now how, is a good question considering I just upgraded. Part of me thinks I should have waited but D3 has the best keyboard so the suspense of new owning it would have killed. When D4 is released I can see my D3 for sale.

doogald

Reaction score
I had an LTE phone and also had plenty of problems with randomly dropping data. I bought a smartphone to be as close to always connected as possible, so I'll wait on LTE until I know for sure that Verizon has solved the data problems and figured out a decent way to minimize the 4G battery drain. I never drop data with the D3, I get decent battery life with it - it's a reliable phone, and I'll hold on to it until it no longer is.

Reaction score
In 7 months I'm good for an upgrade and I will never own a motor phone again. I will get the Samsung nexus and be done with all the stupid stuff that motor does. I will not support motor or HTC anymore due to there skins that they put on phones. Its stock forever for me.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

TyrantII

Reaction score
Pissed off doesn't even come close to how I feel about Moto right now. D3 is my last Moto phone.

crybaby2.jpg

Seriously though, no, not in the least.

4G radios suck and will suck (power) for some time. I loved my OC OG Droid, but it was not very useful functionally getting a 4-5 hours a charge. My D3 now gets 24-32 with moderate use, and which is perfect for my use. If it had 4G it be turned off 90% of the time anyways. The processor upgrades negligible, and the ram isn't that big of a deal (if going by bionic/D3 comparisons)

Then there's the problem of the non-removable battery....

It's a Sexy phone for sure, and I would think about it if I didn't have a phone currently, but 4G is worthless until its rolled out outside of major cities and it's radios are much more power efficient IMO. Which will probably be right around the time I'm ready for a new upgrade.

Last edited:

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Nope. Going to the Nexus. It was enough to make me no longer loyal to Moto. Stuck with them through a ton of BS, but releasing the D4 so soon after the D3 really made me feel swindled. I understand the "game", a company has to make money and stay relevant. But....I don't know. Its just too soon. Maybe it was just the straw that broke the camels back.

javipoo

Reaction score
LTE isn't attractive yet, not for another year. Battery, Quality, location location.
I'm happy with my D3. But releasing a D4 so soon. man....I should have waited till december to upgrade from my D1.
That's pretty Apple of you Moto... I can see many people, simply out of principle and spite, no longer support moto.
Here's to hoping VW Gives us D3 owners a merry christmas and allows us to switch from D3-->D4 without politics.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Companies ALWAYS come out with new products. That's life, especially in the tech world.

Deal with it and grow up.

EDIT: Not specifically directed to you, spillner, but rather anyone whining about this in general. I am sick of it, considering Moto doesn't do business any differently than any other company.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
LTE isn't attractive yet, not for another year. Battery, Quality, location location.
I'm happy with my D3. But releasing a D4 so soon. man....I should have waited till december to upgrade from my D1.
That's pretty Apple of you Moto... I can see many people, simply out of principle and spite, no longer support moto.
Here's to hoping VW Gives us D3 owners a merry christmas and allows us to switch from D3-->D4 without politics.

Don't hold your breath. Lol. Why should Verizon let you switch? Its not their fault Moto is pumping out phones like crazy.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

spillner

Reaction score
Its not about Moto releasing new phones that bothers me, its releasing of the next generation phone less than 6 months of the previous generation.

Everyone knew the bionic was gonna be released after the D3 and moto was hinting at another phone after that, but to feature the D4 so soon is just wrong.

What type of attention do you think D3 owners will get when it comes time for firmware or OS updates now, being that we're 3 phones down the list

doogald

Reaction score
For all of the people angry at Motorola for updating phone models too frequently, HTC's stock price has recently nosedived over concerns that they are losing out to other phone manufacturers and not being aggressive enough about releasing new models. See HTC to tough out slowdown as strategy doubts grow | Reuters

"Smartphone market growth is expected to slow down with each passing year, and HTC has to face a resurgent Motorola, Nokia and Sony," said Abhishek Chauhan, Principal Consultant at ICT Practice. "So they have a real risk of becoming another RIM or LG Electronics, if they don't refresh their product line-up quickly."

I would rather Moto put out new models too "fast" rather than too "slowly".

For those that think that models are coming out too quickly, how much slower should it be? Is there a consensus? If Motorola has developed a new model Droid keyboard model, should they hold off on releasing it until they reach that magic point, putting out a phone that might have slightly older hardware (since it was developed weeks or months before)? Should they have not bothered at all with the Droid 3 last July, and just waited until now to release this new phone as the Droid 3 - and losing market share to Samsung, LG, HTC, etc., and collecting reduced revenue and profits? Was the Droid 2 Global a good enough phone to be still be viable right now as the new keyboard model is ready to be released?

spillner

Reaction score
For all of the people angry at Motorola for updating phone models too frequently, HTC's stock price has recently nosedived over concerns that they are losing out to other phone manufacturers and not being aggressive enough about releasing new models. See HTC to tough out slowdown as strategy doubts grow | Reuters

I would rather Moto put out new models too "fast" rather than too "slowly".

For those that think that models are coming out too quickly, how much slower should it be? Is there a consensus? If Motorola has developed a new model Droid keyboard model, should they hold off on releasing it until they reach that magic point, putting out a phone that might have slightly older hardware (since it was developed weeks or months before)? Should they have not bothered at all with the Droid 3 last July, and just waited until now to release this new phone as the Droid 3 - and losing market share to Samsung, LG, HTC, etc., and collecting reduced revenue and profits? Was the Droid 2 Global a good enough phone to be still be viable right now as the new keyboard model is ready to be released?

By that logic, Motorola should put out a new phone whenever new hardware or software is available. Instead they should develop their phones with an extensive testing period. They haven't fixed all the bugs with the phones they have yet.

Apple doesn't have this problem and they only release 1 phone. Samsung still puts all their eggs in the galaxy s 2 line (the best phone on the market). But moto will be releasing 4 phones within 5 months of each other (if the rumor is true) 2 of which are the same line of phones.

This is just a big slap in the face to D3 owners just as the Razr was a slap to Bionic owners.