anyone planning on getting the iPhone 5?

jwilly216

Reaction score
I know there are some very strong opinions around these parts so please; don't shoot! But, knowing there are a lot of smart people here and technology addicts that need to experience the latest And greatest.... I am confident that a good number of Droid forums members are going to get the iPhone 5 regardless of it being Android's enemy. Whether out of being one of the "sheeple" or because of peer pressure/just wanting to fit in with all your friends or excellent specs or just out of curiosity,

Are u planning on getting an iPhone 5/wish u could get one?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
My girl is begging me to let her get one. I really think she'll be bored with it after a month or so. The good news is they always sell well so that wouldn't be the end of the world if she wanted a different phone. The issue would be extending her contract and I want to move to T Mobile. And no way am I paying iPhone retail. Its ridiculous what they go for.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

E

_Evelyn_

there're quite a lot of rumors about the next iphone, well, looking forward to its release and see how rumors end up

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
sweeeeet said:
No.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

+1

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

smokeyrd

Reaction score
iPhone will bring the bar up for about 2 months...if that. Then something else will come along thats a little more than half the price of the iPhone with a better processor, ram, OS, and battery but a slightly less impressive camera...and we will all forget about the iPhone5

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
smokeyrd said:
iPhone will bring the bar up for about 2 months...if that. Then something else will come along thats a little more than half the price of the iPhone with a better processor, ram, OS, and battery but a slightly less impressive camera...and we will all forget about the iPhone5

I've already forgotten about it. But the isheep will swear it's the greatest phone ever built and nothing could possibly be better or faster. Want proof of their ignorance, how many of us know a iPhone user that insists that their phone is a 4g phone. There is a thread floating around here talking about that. I work with one of those guys. He told me that his VZ iPhone is 4g. No matter what I said he still held fast to believing that he had a 4g phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

smokeyrd

Reaction score
Thats because its an iPhone 4...why would it have a 4 on it if its not 4G? DUH!!! (stupid android users, they think they are so cool with their priating OS)

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
While I don't have any plans to get one, I won't completely rule it out (as a device to mess around with, not one to use as my daily driver). I'm curious to see what they come out with.

Rindaen

Reaction score
I do plan on getting the next iPhone to replace my current work phone.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would like to get one to play with..

Droidram56

Reaction score
I'm not eligible for an upgrade until May, but I plan to evaluate the iPhone 5's pros and cons against the top Android phones available at the time. I am not biased toward or against either. And it is hard to have much of an opinion on the iPhone 5 since we don't know all the features yet.

nikecar

Reaction score
I wouldn't get one unless its free. then I'd sell it for more money

music life

Reaction score
I used to be an droid fanboy all day.... Then I got the X2. Now the iphone doesnt look so bad. My buddy swears by it. Thing i like about it is that he plays music all day and still can get 2 days on a battery.

Havent seen a droid that can do that without buying a special battery. Plus i have seen many droids not be able to play music well. (X2 for instance) Itunes certainly is the best music service out there imo.

Either way I look at it. Iphone 5 certainly is a possibility for me. Good thing is im not due for upgrade till January. So if mayans are wrong and im still breathing Jan 11th I hope there is a Droid that has fixed many problems i have been seeing and comes out with a phone that is smooth and can play music all day and not have to be charged multiple times.

Sure there is gonna be some people to hate on my opinion but if there is a phone out there that can rival that right now can someone please point it out to me?