Anyone know how to get rid of Facebook contacts??

anj109

Reaction score
I tried deleting a contact but it says "To remove this contact from your phone, remove this person from your friends lists on the following providers. Facebook". I don't want to delete the person from my Facebook friends, just my phone.

I tried going into setting in the Facebook app but it already says "Don't Sync" under the settings Sync Contacts. I think they originally got sync'd when I setup the phone.

Anyone know a way to do this??

OP
A

anj109

Reaction score
Think I figured it out. Removed my Facebook account from Settings--> Accounts.

But now I have all these gmail contacts that I don't want. Tried to remove that account but not allowed to. Anyone know how to get rid of these contacts without deleting them 1 by 1? It does allow me to delete these contacts.

ray7171

Reaction score
delete the facebook app then reinstall it when u reinstall it press dont sync and u wont have all the contacts from facebook.

mharmon

Reaction score
Contacts

This doesn't necessarily delete them, but if you go into your contacts, at the top of the screen there is an option that says "All Contacts" with a "+" symbol, if you select it, you can choose options like Phone Contacts, Gmail Contacts, etc. I just select Phone Contacts, I understand it is not deleting them, but at least removes them from view.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This doesn't necessarily delete them, but if you go into your contacts, at the top of the screen there is an option that says "All Contacts" with a "+" symbol, if you select it, you can choose options like Phone Contacts, Gmail Contacts, etc. I just select Phone Contacts, I understand it is not deleting them, but at least removes them from view.

are you sure you see that on the DX? im pretty sure that was on the droid but dont see that on the DX

mharmon

Reaction score
Looking at mine right now. If I knew how, I'd include a screen shot for you. When you go into contacts, you can go left to right. Far left should be 'History', middle should be 'All Contacts' and far right should be 'Status'. Right below the little dots that tell you what screen you are on is a "+" sign, that will give you the option of what contact list to pull from.

chikibabe

Reaction score
see screen captures..

Attachments

• CAP201008171539.jpg
    CAP201008171539.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 419
  • CAP201008171543.jpg
    CAP201008171543.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 329

ColinZack

Reaction score
I want to keep my facebook account, but I just want to delete one contact (he has two facebooks so I have already removed him from friends). How do I delete the contact on the phone now?