anyone got a pic with and without extended battery

STINGER

Reaction score
I'd love to see a picture of the phone with and without the extended battery .................. I'm still sporting a 1st gen moto droid with a failing digitizer and desperately need my new phone ........ eligible Friday and seriously considering this beast ............. also would like suggestions on a protective case as I am a self employed Carpentry Contractor and my new rig will need protection from the dust and stuff involved in my job

Some where one youtube is a video with the two of them side by side its like literally 3mm thicker LOL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I just installed mine. I seriously doubt a picture will be able to show the difference. It is almost identical.

I am not having any issues with the battery but bought and extended one anyway just because they were half price and I am subscribe to the 2 is 1 philosophy so I needed an extra anyway. I didnt try it, but it honestly appears that the ext battery would fit with the standard battery cover.

I am using the extended battery with the Otter box case and my Gnex fits in it fine. The difference in the thickness is nominal.

I can hardly tell the difference naked or in case.... in size or stamina.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

So are you saying the extended doesn't make a difference?

How much bigger is the phone and how much heavier?

Basically get a few extra hours with the extended battery. Both were similar use, 4G all day, about 90 minutes of screen time, etc. I took a screenshot of the extended battery an hour earlier than planned because 4G started getting flaky at my place. The top one is the regular battery.

Took these a few days ago:

standardi.jpg

extended.jpg

Extended battery:

Below is with the regular battery:

screenshot2011121919064.png

Just installed my ext batt today and I actually prefer the feel of the phone with the ext batt with cover over standard batt and cover.

Also saw a great boost in longevity.

What's better about the feel of the extended battery? I assume it's heavier and thicker.

Just installed my ext batt today and I actually prefer the feel of the phone with the ext batt with cover over standard batt and cover.

Also saw a great boost in longevity.

What's better about the feel of the extended battery? I assume it's heavier and thicker.

Yep. Well, you can't really tell the difference in thickness. It just feels better balanced. I like it. It should have just been the standard battery to begin with.

I'm being cautious because I bought the extended for the Bionic because everyone was raving about it and it was a brick.

If you look at the extended picture you'll notice the bottom is no longer sloped inward, it's now round. That is the difference mostly. People like it because it gives the phone a little more weight and the bottom has a little more roundness to it in your palm.

I haven't needed the extended battery yet, so I'll probably wait. Maybe we'll get a backplate that has Google on it instead of Verizon, then I'll pay for one.

Back