Anyone envy the RAZR maxx??? Stopped by the store and love that 3300 battery....

305rev305

Reaction score
The maxx looks nice. Way to go Motorola for making a 3300 battery look so thin... I'm having second thoughts now....

Last edited:

Creed

Reaction score
I would be if I didn't love the development on the Nexus. For a user that never roots are anything of that nature the RAZR MAXX is the best at the moment. I can get my Nexus through the day rather easily so, in my opinion, the extra battery is simply unnecessary.

Also, did I mention rooting/ROMING?!??!

Mayze

Reaction score
Nope. You do know that the GN has a removable battery right? 1800mah original + 2100mah extended >3300 mah non removable battery.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Nope. You do know that the GN has a removable battery right? 1800mah original + 2100mah extended >3300 mah non removable battery.

Its not the same as the battery coming with the phone.

The nexus with a 3300 mah battery with a flush back would be perfect. You can keep it on 4g all day no problem.

TeeX

Reaction score
I love my Nexus, but just out of curiosity I stopped by VZW yesterday to check out the new Maxx. I was really impressed with the Razr Maxx. Held side-by-side with the original Droid Razr, there is hardly any difference!

I had a great talk with the salesman, who also has the Nexus. We agreed that we just couldn't have a phone without ICS now that we've experienced 4.0. However, if the Nexus wasn't such a great phone for me, I'd jump on the Maxx no problem.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about battery.I work with computers, I charge my phone at work, I charge it in the car, and of course I charge it at home.I rarely even let my battery get below 80% before charging it.

S

SFGate

Pool shark thinks like I do. I learned early on that I need to always think about charging my phone. Too many times, it died when I needed to make or take an important call. :icon_ devil:

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about battery.I work with computers, I charge my phone at work, I charge it in the car, and of course I charge it at home.I rarely even let my battery get below 80% before charging it.

Agree. I'm either in the car driving or near a computer or at Starbucks or places with an outlet. People always said iphone has great battery but a few of my friend who are heavy phone users do the same thing. They always plug their phone in no matter what. I'm on 4g all day unless I'm at the place without it. I never put my phone in 3g myself or wifi. And battery been good. Heavy days without plug in it last like 6-7 hours. Light days like almost 10 if not more. I guess to each their own.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score
cool, you can delete my post since it doesn't really have anything to do with the site.. I'm super excited about the site though! it looks like it will be a great place to toss ideas around.

Is it safe to be charging a phone every time you find an outlet? Or, is a rule that it needs to be almost discharged to some degree??

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to be charging a phone every time you find an outlet? Or, is a rule that it needs to be almost discharged to some degree??

It used to affect batteries a lot more to charge them constantly because it would reduce their lifespan, but the newer ones(like in our phones) really aren't affected enough to worry.

You'll probably reduce your battery's total lifespan, but it is unlikely to die before you get a new phone anyways.

As for being envious of the Razr Maxx? Of course I'm a little jealous of a phone having nearly double my battery life, that's insane that they got such a large battery and kept the phone at 8.9mm.

The Razr could last a whole week and I'd still use the Nexus, not because the Razr's a bad phone because we all know it's a great phone, but stock ICS and all that comes with the Nexus is very hard to let go of.

You do have to commend Moto for doing such a great job with that battery though, they've definitely set a new standard for LTE devices and I hope other manufacturers follow in their foot steps.

GoBears

Reaction score
No jealousy here. I don't care how big the battery is, it's still a Razr. Razr just wasn't for me. My Nex on AOKP is so fast and customizable now that I know no locked bootloader phone will ever please me. None of the "skinned" ICS phones will run AOSP builds as good as the Nex does. Just have to figure out what works best for you.

duyna

Reaction score
I agree I could not give up my g-nex, my sister just got the maxx and its a great phone with awesome battery life. If I could do it again I would still pick the g-nex in a heart beat.

Redemption rom with defiant v2 kernel

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Haha yeah, I certainly wouldn't trade my Nexus for the Razr Maxx lol. I just feel bad for "OG" Droid Razr owners :biggrin:

Last edited:

twright86

Reaction score
Nope, not having second thoughts, didn't even blink.

Wish the GN had a physical keyboard though, never really used virtual keyboards before until this phone, kind of still giving me fits...even after having it a month.

hydro556

Reaction score
Nope, not having second thoughts, didn't even blink.

Wish the GN had a physical keyboard though, never really used virtual keyboards before until this phone, kind of still giving me fits...even after having it a month.

When I went from an original Moto Droid to my HTC Incredible, I thought I would hate the lack of a real keyboard. That lasted about a month, and ever since, I could never do without Swype or SlideIt.