Anyone envy the RAZR maxx??? Stopped by the store and love that 3300 battery....

Reaction score
The maxx looks nice. Way to go Motorola for making a 3300 battery look so thin... I'm having second thoughts now....

we have different definitions of "nice". the razr has a crappy screen (same res as the X) which was old tech when the original razr came out, motoblur skin crap, and gingerbread (and prob won't get ICS within the next millennium), and the huge battery makes it even more awkward to use the touch screen one handed than with the original razr.

to each his own, but i'll be keeping my GN :D

captdroid

Reaction score
yea more battery never hurts but I get good battery life on my Gnex for my purposes (much better then my D1!!!). So no I do not envy the Razr Maxx at all... :D I do think it's cool that a manufacturer is moving in the direction of managing to put in a larger battery without the phone becoming a brick! :biggrin: This will inevitably push the other manufacturers in the same direction.

???

Reaction score
2100ma in my phone and always have my 2nd 2100 with me in a pocket somewhere = no point in having a 3300ma maxx.

and that's not even getting into rooted and romming. which is what will get us nexus owners thru the last year of our 2 year contract. maybe if i could get a new phone every 6-9months then a locked down phone wouldn't bother me so much.

alboboy10

Reaction score
My battery has been good on my nexus since a factory reset. 2100 would be better. But if this phone was a little thicker and had a 3300 in it I'd love it even more.

Let's be realistic, a 3300 in this would be way better.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope love my Nexus. I don't need to check it every 5 minutes either so my phone lasts throughout the day and some.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Nope love my Nexus. I don't need to check it every 5 minutes either so my phone lasts throughout the day and some.

Yea but with a 3300 in it you can abuse it and have battery left over. Mine lasts too now but still. At the end of the day when I charge it I want it to have juice left even after using it a lot throughout the day.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
More battery is better no matter which way you shake it, even though I'd still rather have the Nexus, I'm definitely glad to see a manufacturer making battery longevity a priority.

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I was at the store yesterday when the Maxx launched and people were picking it up left and right. I was the ONLY person getting a gnex. Even the sales girl asked if I wanted it.

I know the razr line up will eventually get ICS but I honestly couldn't imagine motoblur over the top of ICS. there's just something about this phone that screams "I'm from Google"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
I was at the store yesterday when the Maxx launched and people were picking it up left and right. I was the ONLY person getting a gnex. Even the sales girl asked if I wanted it.

I know the razr line up will eventually get ICS but I honestly couldn't imagine motoblur over the top of ICS. there's just something about this phone that screams "I'm from Google"

many people are idiots that are attracted to a name. same reason people line up for anything apple puts out. apple could stamp their logo in a turd and people would line up around the block to buy it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
many people are idiots that are attracted to a name. same reason people line up for anything apple puts out. apple could stamp their logo in a turd and people would line up around the block to buy it.

I would for sure camp out for a turd 4s! ;)

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I heard it comes with that new sinco screen with the fifth color technology. Brown.

goosedeath

Reaction score
Not the slightest bit. Would I like two days of mild use from my phone before considering parking it on a charger, sure. Do I need to, no. The ginormous battery of the locked down razr maxx is not enough to even make me consider throwing away the freedoms of my Sexy Nexus.

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!