Anyone else have issues w/ their T-bolt?

Zetsumei

Reaction score
This epic tale of failure begins with Fedex shipping my first T-bolt and being all dancedroid:icon_ banana: cause it's finally here and I've been awaiting the T-bolt for months.

PHONE #1 - DOA from Fed Ex GG go to store return and get PHONE #2 dancedroid.

PHONE #2 - The Bezel seperates from the screen and the corner right screen pops up to the point where you can see inside the phone.

PHONE #3 - Everything is golden FINALLY??? VZW rep decides to take a pen to my phone to open the back and the back gets cracked open and she damages the body as well chipping out a huge chunk from the silver bezel. :icon_eek: <--- my face when she did that.

PHONE #4 - Day later the ear piece stops working, so I go into a store and they're just as shocked as me going lul wut.

PHONE # 5- My 14 days have expired and the side keys are acting up now making a very loud cracking popping noise, as well as the bezel on the side so everytime i turn the volume up or down its like crack crack crack :icon_evil:.

Soooooo it seems I'm pretty much screwed, or out of some act of mercy if I go into the store that helped me yesterday, if they can fix or replace it. Otherwise looks like I'm getting a crappy CLNR (if they're available) or if im lucky a phone set aside by the manufacturer for warranty exchanges. GG PZ I've never had this much trouble with a phone before, and I'm coming from OG droid and D2. Anyone else have any interesting stories regarding T-bolt fails?

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
wow dude - you have the worst luck! sure it's not 'user error' caused by a split personality...bi-polar or something?? Just kidding. Mechanically, the phone is fine for me. I've had it since the day it came out. My only issue is applicaitons 'force close' a lot and text messaging is sketchy. I know for a fact that I'm not getting all texts people are sending me and sometimes when I send texts I get the 'Send Message Failed' - 'Try resending' or something like that. Only way to get it working again properly is to REBOOT.

OP
Z

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Hmm last time I checked I'm still myself... Although after dealing with Verizon numerous times I am feeling a bit murderous :icon_ banana: :icon_evil:. When I got my OG droid no issues for over a year + till the headset jack stopped working. Otherwise that was one of the best phones I've had sides the iphone 3G i had for 2 + years.

lockman

Reaction score
I'm on my third. First one had a broken power button and was idling @ 150°. Second power button broke. Third so far so good, running a bit hot, but not bad.

In your case, I would recommend calling customer service and asking for a supervisor. Politely explain that a CLNR is unacceptable and you want to be made right. Either a new phone, or a full refund. Shouldn't be a problem considering the bolt is less than a month old.

Good luck.

Carrier pigeon-ed from my Galaxy S Tab

jr313

Reaction score
WOW man that is like the craziest story ever...sorry to hear of the bad luck...

OP
Z

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I think I will try going back to that store tomorrow, they seemed very reasonable there. I'll ask them if they can fix the issue or what other options they can give me cause its only like day 15 day 16.

cpjr

Reaction score
Thats sucks dude, mine has been golden, no issues at all..........................yet.

Sethman29

Reaction score
I feel really bad for you man, im sure there are people on here who will tell you its a user problem lol. Best of luck to you

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

TDevilsG

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that man. It's crazy how we can go on unlucky streaks sometime (I'm in the thick of one myself). I hope the store helps you out again.

OP
Z

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I feel really bad for you man, im sure there are people on here who will tell you its a user problem lol. Best of luck to you

LOL yeah they probably would, but when you have people in store recreate the issue successfully, then I can rest assured it's not me going insane XD.

iRenegade

Reaction score
I wonder if it's certain batches of product runs? I'm in nyc, ordered it online, no issues except the battery. :) and that's getting better with each charge cycle.

joh2141

Reaction score
Wish I could give you some good news. Just don't buy online anymore when it comes to phones.

tackleberry31

Reaction score
Wow that some rough luck starting to scare me lol.. hoping I don't run in to any problems. So far the only issue I've had was the day I got it activated I was having issues with texting I would receive texts but no one would receive mine. I called tech support and they quickly got me all sorted out. It was just a simple matter of rebooting my phone. It's worked perfect ever since then though but I've only had it four bout 5 days now.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This epic tale of failure begins with Fedex shipping my first T-bolt and being all dancedroid:icon_ banana: cause it's finally here and I've been awaiting the T-bolt for months.

PHONE #1 - DOA from Fed Ex GG go to store return and get PHONE #2 dancedroid.

PHONE #2 - The Bezel seperates from the screen and the corner right screen pops up to the point where you can see inside the phone.

PHONE #3 - Everything is golden FINALLY??? VZW rep decides to take a pen to my phone to open the back and the back gets cracked open and she damages the body as well chipping out a huge chunk from the silver bezel. :icon_eek: <--- my face when she did that.

PHONE #4 - Day later the ear piece stops working, so I go into a store and they're just as shocked as me going lul wut.

PHONE # 5- My 14 days have expired and the side keys are acting up now making a very loud cracking popping noise, as well as the bezel on the side so everytime i turn the volume up or down its like crack crack crack :icon_evil:.

Soooooo it seems I'm pretty much screwed, or out of some act of mercy if I go into the store that helped me yesterday, if they can fix or replace it. Otherwise looks like I'm getting a crappy CLNR (if they're available) or if im lucky a phone set aside by the manufacturer for warranty exchanges. GG PZ I've never had this much trouble with a phone before, and I'm coming from OG droid and D2. Anyone else have any interesting stories regarding T-bolt fails?

Sorry to hear about all of that man! The 14 days are a return/exchange period, DOA is still 30 days...not to mention your one year warranty. DOA will get you a new phone vs a CLNR though.

This thread has been Thunder struck!