Anyone else have issues w/ their T-bolt?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I've had good luck with phones but I have luck just like yours going out to dinner.

I will order the exact same dinner as someone else. Their dinner will arrive looking beautiful and ready for a picture. Mine will be all dried up and disgusting.

OP
Z

Zetsumei

Reaction score
This epic tale of failure begins with Fedex shipping my first T-bolt and being all dancedroid:icon_ banana: cause it's finally here and I've been awaiting the T-bolt for months.

PHONE #1 - DOA from Fed Ex GG go to store return and get PHONE #2 dancedroid.

PHONE #2 - The Bezel seperates from the screen and the corner right screen pops up to the point where you can see inside the phone.

PHONE #3 - Everything is golden FINALLY??? VZW rep decides to take a pen to my phone to open the back and the back gets cracked open and she damages the body as well chipping out a huge chunk from the silver bezel. :icon_eek: <--- my face when she did that.

PHONE #4 - Day later the ear piece stops working, so I go into a store and they're just as shocked as me going lul wut.

PHONE # 5- My 14 days have expired and the side keys are acting up now making a very loud cracking popping noise, as well as the bezel on the side so everytime i turn the volume up or down its like crack crack crack :icon_evil:.

Soooooo it seems I'm pretty much screwed, or out of some act of mercy if I go into the store that helped me yesterday, if they can fix or replace it. Otherwise looks like I'm getting a crappy CLNR (if they're available) or if im lucky a phone set aside by the manufacturer for warranty exchanges. GG PZ I've never had this much trouble with a phone before, and I'm coming from OG droid and D2. Anyone else have any interesting stories regarding T-bolt fails?

Sorry to hear about all of that man! The 14 days are a return/exchange period, DOA is still 30 days...not to mention your one year warranty. DOA will get you a new phone vs a CLNR though.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

Well according to the vzw store it's not DOA since it's still in "Working Order". Apparently to them the volume rocker getting stuck and whenever i lower the volume it makes a loud clacking noise due to the bezel on the side not being secured properly. When I'm in my office peopel stand up to see what the noise is, it's literally like clack clack clack clack, eventhough they reproduced the problem in store they're like oh your 14 day bs is over, we're gonna have to send one to you now. She stated since the phone is still very new chances are I'll probably get a new phone that HTC has set aside for warranty exchange as opposed to getting a ****ty CLNR from VZW. I really doubt cust care can do anything at this point, but who knows worth a try I suppose :(.

jseah

Reaction score
I've had good luck with phones but I have luck just like yours going out to dinner.

I will order the exact same dinner as someone else. Their dinner will arrive looking beautiful and ready for a picture. Mine will be all dried up and disgusting.

So the trick is if someone goes out to dinner with you, they should order the exact same thing that you are ordering. :)