Anyone else have any experience with Blu Mobile Phones?

DaybreakerDJ

Reaction score
It was just yesterday that I had received my 'Blu Life Pure Mini' in the mail since I had to switch from Verizon (prices spiked for no real reason without my knowledge) to Solavei, basically T-Mobile (GMS) and since I don't trust myself enough to unlock my Droid Razr M I decided to purchase this new phone from Blu, a new cell phone company that's based out of Miami (although the phones are assembled in China). Without dragging this post out, I absolutely love this phone and this company. The colors are very bright and vivid and the phone is ridiculously fast. The design is extremely fashionable and it actually feels nice to hold...BUT I'm already having an issue with it. Now from doing my own research on the net, it seems like nobody else has really had any issues with this company so I'm wondering if it's something I did.

Anyways, after booting it up and setting up my SIM, restoring all my apps from my gmail account (along with my contacts and whatnot), messing with the wireless settings, and display and the really cool smart gestures, I let my phone die completely and then plugged it in to the charger. Well, upon booting it up, a lot of my apps went missing. This phone, although runs on the Android OS, the apps are displayed like an iPhone. Meaning there is no menu for all your apps, whatever you decide to install just gets thrown onto the screen and so to better organize them all you have to create folders and categorize your apps. Well, I did all of that before my phone died, and had the four apps that I use the most down at the bottom, you know, the ones that stay permanently down at the bottom even when you're scrolling. The apps that I put down there were my contacts, phone, SMS (messaging), and settings. Well, now the majority of the folders can't be opened, and those four apps have disappeared and I can't seem to get them back. I can search for the app and launch it either from searching within the phone or in my apps in the app store but they're completely gone from the home screen. Is there any way to fix this? Turning it on then off again doesn't do anything. Maybe I'll have to reset it to the factory settings? Just needed to reach out somewhere. This company is fairly new so I can't really find any info and who knows how long their customer service is going to take to get back to me.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm not sure anyone will have any experience with this phone. Personally, I never heard of it. Perhaps a call to the supplier in Florida is in order.

xtor

Reaction score
It was just yesterday that I had received my 'Blu Life Pure Mini' in the mail since I had to switch from Verizon (prices spiked for no real reason without my knowledge) to Solavei, basically T-Mobile (GMS) and since I don't trust myself enough to unlock my Droid Razr M I decided to purchase this new phone from Blu, a new cell phone company that's based out of Miami (although the phones are assembled in China). Without dragging this post out, I absolutely love this phone and this company. The colors are very bright and vivid and the phone is ridiculously fast. The design is extremely fashionable and it actually feels nice to hold...BUT I'm already having an issue with it. Now from doing my own research on the net, it seems like nobody else has really had any issues with this company so I'm wondering if it's something I did.

Anyways, after booting it up and setting up my SIM, restoring all my apps from my gmail account (along with my contacts and whatnot), messing with the wireless settings, and display and the really cool smart gestures, I let my phone die completely and then plugged it in to the charger. Well, upon booting it up, a lot of my apps went missing. This phone, although runs on the Android OS, the apps are displayed like an iPhone. Meaning there is no menu for all your apps, whatever you decide to install just gets thrown onto the screen and so to better organize them all you have to create folders and categorize your apps. Well, I did all of that before my phone died, and had the four apps that I use the most down at the bottom, you know, the ones that stay permanently down at the bottom even when you're scrolling. The apps that I put down there were my contacts, phone, SMS (messaging), and settings. Well, now the majority of the folders can't be opened, and those four apps have disappeared and I can't seem to get them back. I can search for the app and launch it either from searching within the phone or in my apps in the app store but they're completely gone from the home screen. Is there any way to fix this? Turning it on then off again doesn't do anything. Maybe I'll have to reset it to the factory settings? Just needed to reach out somewhere. This company is fairly new so I can't really find any info and who knows how long their customer service is going to take to get back to me.

Can you post some pics of this phone?

8th Infantry division

Enrique2SIM

Reaction score
Hi,

I know the brand, and even though there are some positive comments of its products there are others like yours that aren't that good. However, based on the issues that you described I'd think in return the phone, maybe it has a problem with the firmware, it can happen. The factory reset shouldn't cause any issues and it won't void your warranty, so you maybe can try that, if after that you can't manage to get your phone working well call BLU's customer service or write the retailer from where you bought it. The Life Pure Mini is one if its latest models, so they might give a response faster than with an outdated model.

By the way, where did you purchased the device?

Ironclad79

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Blu Studio 6.0 HD
Hello people, I just signed up and today officially 9/13/2014 at 11:07pm finally using my Blue Studio 6.0HD i'm loving it, amazingly gorgeous screen, fast no problems at all. It took me charging this phone from zero to 100% maybe 3 hours. I charged it while it's off cause this way it'll charge the battery the best way.

Any questions please feel free to ask me, Here's the official link for it:
http://www.bluproducts.com/index.php/studio-6-0-hd

vagabond8400

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Blu Life Pro
Jan 3, 2015 ordered a white Blu Life Pure. The phone was delivered on Jan 9, 2015 and I soon discovered that there was no way to hear a person talking on the phone except by using the earbuds or speaker. I requested a repair and after a number of e-mails back and forth finally got an RMA Feb 10, 2015. I sent the phone to the repair center on Feb 12, 2015 and it was signed for in Florida on Feb 17, 2015. Was told the repair would take from 10-15 days. After 17 days I contacted the RMA address and was told the phone was being evaluated and they would contact me when the phone was shipped. The phone arrived March 17, 2015 (the e-mail saying it was being shipped arrived March 20, 2015) but instead of a white Blu Life Pure it is a black Blu Life Pro (a cheaper model). I contacted the RMA address to request the correct model and was told:

"Unfortunately this exchange was made due to lack of devices of your same model being in stock. As your device was already shipped we are unable to change the model of the device sent. If you would like to process a second RMA to change the device received please contact [email protected]."

I contacted service - no response - after a week I contacted sales and was told to fill out a form on the website which I did - no response - after another week I emailed service and sales - no response. I hesitate to return the phone because I figure I would never see a refund and would just be out more postage and would not have any phone at all.

Although the product (Blue Life Pro) seems to be a decent enough phone (although I haven't used it except to check that it works) I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone because of the lack of service.