Anybody going bareback with the D3???

kilofox

Reaction score
Expecting my D3 on the 17th. Coming back to the fold from the iPhone.

As with the iPhone, I have always carried my phones sans case. I always use my right front pocket exclusively for my phone. I have never used a screen protector on any iPhone or a phone with Gorilla Glass (I think its a waste IMHO).

So... who's going bareback with their D3? Any paint rubs etc etc?

I my try GelaSkins as they make some pretty neat skins.

nikecar

Reaction score
hmmm bareback, the way it was intended. :D

CLShade

Reaction score
I don't use a case but I do use a screen protector. I also carry in front pants pocket or in a dedicated pocket on a messenger bag.

So far, so good. Can't say as to the glass, of course, but so far the beast is holding up well. Better than the D1 did thanks to the slightly rounded edges, I think. Also, the stiff action on the sliding keyboard helps. With the D1 it would frequently slide partly open in my pocket and the D3 doesn't seem to do that as often.

LT*

Reaction score
Running naked here too. I did use a screen protector for a while on my D1, but couldn't stand the feel of it and took it off for the last year that I had it. So now the D3 goes naked.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No case here. Got the caseless holster from letsTalk today and all is well. I needed a holster, keeping in my pocket wasn't working for me at all.

end of line...

Darksthour

Reaction score
I had a case on my D1 but the front part on the screen used to always break and I would have to get a new one. Then I realized that it's actually a pretty durable phone. My D3 I plan on having caseless until I find something that fits nice with an extended battery and looks good. Plus isn't super bulky and akward to hold. I also haven't really been looking for a case actively.

neilrl79

Reaction score
My DROID3 is completely naked right now although i am considering the OtterBox Commuter case that was just released today. I don't generally use cases on phones but the OttterBox has plugs for the charging/hdmi/headphone ports which really appeals to me. I'm going to wait for a few reviews before purchasing tho because $35 is a lot of money to spend on something i'm not totally sure i want yet.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
My DROID3 is completely naked right now although i am considering the OtterBox Commuter case that was just released today. I don't generally use cases on phones but the OttterBox has plugs for the charging/hdmi/headphone ports which really appeals to me. I'm going to wait for a few reviews before purchasing tho because $35 is a lot of money to spend on something i'm not totally sure i want yet.

Mine's in its birthday suit still as well and I'm also considering the Otterbox. I like that it has raised features for the power button and volume rocker instead of an insert. I'd rather not drop $35 on it until I hear that those raised features don't affect the use of the phone.

militant

Reaction score

I've already seen it for as low as $25 on a few websites. If you don't mind having questionable morals, you can easily get one for free. Simply call up otterbox's customer support, tell them you own a case, and it broke. They will mail you a brand new one out, no questions asked.

MECHANO

Reaction score
This is a high quality moto phone... it doesn't need no steenking case.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
I've already seen it for as low as $25 on a few websites. If you don't mind having questionable morals, you can easily get one for free. Simply call up otterbox's customer support, tell them you own a case, and it broke. They will mail you a brand new one out, no questions asked.

That is shady.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

nikecar

Reaction score

I have it for my inc2. Very nice case. The silicone can gather some lint, but overall it is nothing too bad. Some pants are worse then others. Mine came with a screen protector that is pretty invisible. I swore it was a trick, considering other screen protectors are noticeable. This you cannot tell its on at all.

Amazon for about $22.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

Big D

Reaction score

...and then they find out that someone with questionable morals coaches people on the internet to take advantage of a policy to offer replacements that is uniquely above and beyond everyone else's and they stop doing it.

People wonder why customer service is so crappy all over the place and companies don't care about their customers anymore. Thanks, Millitant, for providing the answer.

militant

Reaction score
...and then they find out that someone with questionable morals coaches people on the internet to take advantage of a policy to offer replacements that is uniquely above and beyond everyone else's and they stop doing it.

People wonder why customer service is so crappy all over the place and companies don't care about their customers anymore. Thanks, Millitant, for providing the answer.

Clearly I am to blame for customer support lines everywhere being total crap. First of all, I never said I've actually done it, I simply know of 2 people who have done it. Someone was looking to experiment and wasn't willing to waste money... I merely gave them a possible means of doing that. It's never the information's fault, it always what people chose to do with it. If you plan on purchasing legitimately, then you don't have anything to worry about.