Amazon D3 Batteries

DroidMoose

Reaction score
I am looking for a second battery for my D3 and was wondering if any of the Amazon batteries were worth it. I start to read the review or the have very few and start to wonder if they are legit. Anyone have any good experiences with the sellers of D3 batteries or should I just stick with Verizon and pay the price?

I am happy with my screen protectors, phone case, and belt carry case I purchased on Amazon. I was hoping there was a decent battery to be had there also.

Thanks in Advance!

doobie711

Reaction score
a friend of mine has two batteries. one is motorola and the other is some japanese cell. he loves not worrying about it dying. he swears it works just as good as a vzw battery. i don't trust it but also i don't use an extended battery. if you need it go for it. then again an extended is only about 30 bucks,

adam_d_j

Reaction score
I bought two batteries for my X from a seller on Amazon for around $10. I too was a bit skeptical, but figured It was cheap enough to try. The batteries were identical to the one that came with the phone. No problem charging or with drainage. I haven't gotten one for my D3 yet, but would expect the experience to be the same. The seller was OEM King or something like that.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
I bought the extended battery of amazon. Paid 30 ordered friday and got it Monday it is the oem extended battery.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

rda990

Reaction score
Got mine pretty fast,seems 100% OEM legit, but the fact that it gets about the same battery life as my standard batter makes me doubt if it is real. The packaging and everything looks real, but then again I haven't seen a real box from verizon. These days anything from that could easily be counterfeit, not sure if I should keep this one, get a replacement, or go to the verizon store and compare the boxes to see if its legit.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DroidMoose

Reaction score
I ended up ordering a battery from Amazon. No reviews of this product, but the seller has many ratings and most positive.

I got the email that it was shipped (USPS) on 9/13 and still waiting for it to arrive.........:blink:

Today I got the email from Amazon to review this purchase :mellow:

I will wait another few days before contacting the seller:cus:

OP
D

DroidMoose

Reaction score
I ended up ordering a battery from Amazon. No reviews of this product, but the seller has many ratings and most positive.

I got the email that it was shipped (USPS) on 9/13 and still waiting for it to arrive.........:blink:

Today I got the email from Amazon to review this purchase :mellow:

I will wait another few days before contacting the seller:cus:

I ended up sending the email last night via Amazon.com to the vendor. It would have been afternoon in California so not huge that they did not respond yet. Oh yeah, still no battery. :mad:

If I do not get a battery in the mail on Monday or a response to my email I will start to be angry. By Wednesday if nothing I will be calling the credit card to reverse the charge and writing a full review here and anywhere else, but hopefully just a glitch with USPS:happy:

If this attempt fails I will probably just order from Verizon a battery, but will need a charger for it!

Reaction score
I don't get my D3 until Monday as it is in-transit. What I did do was buy two spare 2200mAh batteries for the D3 off of e-bay along with two spare charges (one for the office). This way I can always have a fully charged one handy. I currently have the original Moto Droid and have several spare batteries that I keep charged. On days where I might not be near power or great signal for a long period of time, I carry two spare batteries in my pockets. I've yet to run through them and don't have to worry about the bulk of a thicker battery as some phones have with the extended batteries. Meanwhile I have two, fully charged spares awaiting a phone...

OP
D

DroidMoose

Reaction score
The vendor is re-shipping my order of a battery.

I viewed ebay last night for the first time and looks like some options on there. I have not ebay'ed in so long I will have to start all over.
Anyone buy a battery from ebay AND found it works well, shipped on time etc?

OP
D

DroidMoose

Reaction score
The vendor is re-shipping my order of a battery.

I viewed ebay last night for the first time and looks like some options on there. I have not ebay'ed in so long I will have to start all over.
Anyone buy a battery from ebay AND found it works well, shipped on time etc?
My Ebay order of 2 BF5X (not moto) 3.7V Litium, 1500 Mah with charger arrived today. I am testing them out. This order came from E-Gadget town that has good ratings on Ebay. Shipped from Brooklyn New York.

The battery fits in the phone which is a good start. I will be running my phone on the generic batts on and off to see how they go.

Still waiting for the reshipped order from CA. I will update on that when I have updates.

OP
D

DroidMoose

Reaction score
My Ebay order of 2 BF5X (not moto) 3.7V Litium, 1500 Mah with charger arrived today. I am testing them out. This order came from E-Gadget town that has good ratings on Ebay. Shipped from Brooklyn New York.

The battery fits in the phone which is a good start. I will be running my phone on the generic batts on and off to see how they go.

Still waiting for the reshipped order from CA. I will update on that when I have updates.
Forgot to add..I paid US$11 for 2 batteries and a wall charger..free shipping.

Reaction score
not sure if I should keep this one, get a replacement, or go to the verizon store and compare the boxes to see if its legit.
jie1.jpg

jie2.jpg

jie3.jpg

The only thing you'll get at the VZW store is overcharged for the same product. The two backups that I have work as good or better than the original, better in that they have about 20% more capacity.

OP
D

DroidMoose

Reaction score
The only thing you'll get at the VZW store is overcharged for the same product. The two backups that I have work as good or better than the original, better in that they have about 20% more capacity.
I am starting to agree with this. I got my 1 battery from Amazon delivered (~$18) and the 2 batteries and charger from Ebay ($12) and so far do not see any difference from the stock battery.

Internet searches show how crazy people are over charging trying to build in profits to prices.