Case-Mate Barely There case

dancingcrab

Reaction score
Motorola Droid 3 Black Barely There Case-mate Case Skin | eBay

I love the Barely There line, at least for non-slider phones. Will be interested to see reviews for this one.

I'm sure a lot of people here would think me crazy, but I would love a slip on case for my D3 that doesn't allow access to the keyboard. I use the keyboard, but not that much, and I find it inconvenient when it opens in my pocket, etc. Something like Case-Mate's iPhone or DInc2 Barely There.

Droid1610

Reaction score
I actually spoke to a company called ballistic who makes rugged cases for candy bar phones about designing a case for the D3 but they said they do not make cases for phones with a keyboard because there's no way to seal them. Maybe if you would show intrest in a case and explain that you wouldn't want regular access to the slide out keyboard they might consider designing one, I'm sure there are pleanty of other people out there that would purchase it understanding that they won't have access to the keyboard.

Like in my case I'm a construction worker it would be real nice to have a case to seal dust dirt out of the ports and keys when at work and if I need to use the phone I still can via the screen, when not at work I could remove the case and go with a slider case or something. Maybe if we suggest the design they would consider it. The only issue I see is price, I think the ballistic cases were around $50 each (ouch!)

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
+1 on that on, would defiantly be nice to cover that stuff up and prevent the keyboard from opening every now and then.. :)

keep us posted man. :)

I actually spoke to a company called ballistic who makes rugged cases for candy bar phones about designing a case for the D3 but they said they do not make cases for phones with a keyboard because there's no way to seal them. Maybe if you would show intrest in a case and explain that you wouldn't want regular access to the slide out keyboard they might consider designing one, I'm sure there are pleanty of other people out there that would purchase it understanding that they won't have access to the keyboard.

Like in my case I'm a construction worker it would be real nice to have a case to seal dust dirt out of the ports and keys when at work and if I need to use the phone I still can via the screen, when not at work I could remove the case and go with a slider case or something. Maybe if we suggest the design they would consider it. The only issue I see is price, I think the ballistic cases were around $50 each (ouch!)

rayguy99

Reaction score
I have an otterbox case for Droid 2 that covers all openings. There is one for Droid 3. Probably same. I have a Droid 3 also.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have an otterbox case for Droid 2 that covers all openings. There is one for Droid 3. Probably same. I have a Droid 3 also.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Unfortunately, at this time the Otterbox case is still listed as "coming soon"

+1 on all inclusive case. I don't typically use the keyboard unless I'm getting into recovery or in terminal.