Anybody else ready to kick their Bionic to the curb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawk13

Reaction score
I have had no problems with the bionic. This will probably be the first phone I keep longer than 2 years. Its like we get a new phone with each update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
"Someday"...keyword :( :mad:

To be fair, adding on a 4G LTE network based on GSM technology to an existing 3G EV-DO network based on CDMA technology can't be simple. Most of the issues seem to involve the device choosing the wrong network to connect to. For example, if the 4G network is "down", sometimes the fallback to 3G will not happen because the 4G radio can still "see" the network, it just cannot get a connection. So it gets in an infinite retry loop. This is why sometimes the only way to get a 3G connection during a 4G outage is to put the device into CDMA Only mode. They will figure it out, but realistically it will take time. It will be especially hard for them to come up with a solution that works reliably in a fringe area. What do you do when the signal strength advantage is constantly flip/flopping between 3G/4G?

They figured it out easily enough for 2G/3G; but those were both CDMA technologies. This time, it's a bit different.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I've already kicked my Bionic to the curb. I will be receiving a replacement Razr tomorrow from Verizon.

But, after checking out my friend's Nexus in detail... I wish I was getting that now instead, but at least I'm getting rid of the Bionic.

Really feeling good about that!

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I've already kicked my Bionic to the curb. I will be receiving a replacement Razr tomorrow from Verizon.

But, after checking out my friend's Nexus in detail... I wish I was getting that now instead, but at least I'm getting rid of the Bionic.

Really feeling good about that!
\
Dont forget to come back and post your problems with the Razr in this thread :D

jkliving92

Reaction score
Try the 901 update before going through the hassle of a new phone OP

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
What? Lol. U can't fit a hundred movies on a phone. And don't transfer songs back and forth...just make copies.

You're right, I only said movies to get the point across, but really it's TV shows AND movies (only a few), which on one of my cards is about 120 files or something. You're missing the point about the transferring. I fill my 32gb SD card up with music, but I have my top stuff taking about 4 gigs on my internal. So if I need to use my phone for said movies/shows, it's far easier to just pop off the back cover and switch out cards. I don't understand your point about making copies seeing as how the issue isn't moving things over, it's how much space I can use at once with A LOT of stuff I use fairly frequently. If all I had available was internal memory, then just "making copies" would be beyond pointless since I'd still have to delete them to fit other stuff in there...as opposed to just switching out cards.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
\
Dont forget to come back and post your problems with the Razr in this thread :D

Please, if it has half as many problems as this POS Bionic does, I'll gladly come back here and let everyone know that Motorola can't build a phone worth a crap. Or maybe you'd prefer if I just PM you? Send me your phone # and I'll SMS you too.

Oh, and if the Razr doesn't have the problems the Bionic has, would you like me to come back here and let y'all know that too?

It's hilarious how all of y'all are doing the exact same thing about the Razr as you accused me of doing about the Bionic. LOL! Y'all are hating on the Razr because it's "better" than your Bionic. HATE HATE HATE!!! LOL!!

Buncha goofballs and you don't even realize it!!!

Disneyman

Reaction score
I am still having 4g issues. Just disappears on me. 4g to 3g then no internet. When is this going to be resolved.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Please, if it has half as many problems as this POS Bionic does, I'll gladly come back here and let everyone know that Motorola can't build a phone worth a crap. Or maybe you'd prefer if I just PM you? Send me your phone # and I'll SMS you too.

Oh, and if the Razr doesn't have the problems the Bionic has, would you like me to come back here and let y'all know that too?

It's hilarious how all of y'all are doing the exact same thing about the Razr as you accused me of doing about the Bionic. LOL! Y'all are hating on the Razr because it's "better" than your Bionic. HATE HATE HATE!!! LOL!!

Buncha goofballs and you don't even realize it!!!

I got banned for three days for MUCH less. Hope this guy gets the same sanctions.

dave.cox

Reaction score
I Love my bionic.
When you are on the front edge of technology, you have to expect a few problems. Give Verizon Time. Even with the problems, this phone is still way better than everything else.

Sent from my AT100 using DroidForums

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I got banned for three days for MUCH less. Hope this guy gets the same sanctions.

Ha. I don't spend enough time on here to even notice a 3-day ban. Maybe you should consider taking a break from the interwebz if it killed you so bad to get a 3-day vacation from getting on droidforums? Get out and exercise an hour a day and all that. Just a friendly suggestion. :p

jkliving92

Reaction score
Can we please close this ridiculous thread, mods? And htown, as I said before the 901 has basically fixed everyone's bionic problems. This whole thread is retarded because there's a ton of other threads on how to update the bionic to 901 so stop griping like babies and update or go get the Razr. We really could not care less which one you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.