Any way to ouse internal storage?

searayman

Reaction score
How can I use and access the internal storage? I am running out of space on my 16 gig card and know there is a 8 gig card in there someplace!!!

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Only thing that can use it effectively are apps/other data that belongs there. You could move stuff into it if your rooted but I seriously suggest against it.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Only thing that can use it effectively are apps/other data that belongs there. You could move stuff into it if your rooted but I seriously suggest against it.

Why? Whats the reasoning behind your suggestion?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Because that's where all the important files on your phone are kept and if you screw with things in there not knowing what your doing you can endup with a nice and expensive paper weight. Also, you need size for some of the system files to expand if needed.

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
Because that's where all the important files on your phone are kept and if you screw with things in there not knowing what your doing you can endup with a nice and expensive paper weight. Also, you need size for some of the system files to expand if needed.

yes but I doubt they are going to grow to 8 gigs.... and I am rooted

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Its only like 6 gigs that you can actually access. Besides how much it grows is up to how many apps you install on top of the expansion as needed.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I store all my apps on internal storage. Works fine. Everything else stays on the card.

qman66

Reaction score
u can store anything u want on the internal storage. there is nothing wrong with doing so. just dont mess with other files. its the /data folder. inside there create a folder and put everything u want in there. theres no way u will mess anything up.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

No, actually, thats incorrect in a sense. You will not do anything to the system as long as you are not editing around inside any of the protected files themselves. This is basically the same as a PC...just think of the internal storage of your phone as the "C:" drive of your PC. The entire Drive is open and accesible to write to, and there will be no issues as long as you dont monkey with the core files...same thing here on the phone. The Droid Incredible allows access to the internal storage...and has no issues in doing so.

Secondly, there is no system file that is going to expand so far as to fill up an 8gb of storage space. Even after formatting and appying the OS, there is still roughly 6-6.65gb of usable space...add in around 50-75 apps and you still have over 4gb of space available...plenty of space for additional music or pictures...

Common sense goes a long way, unfortunately, Moto didnt apply it here when not building in an avenue to use the internal storage...asinine IMO...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

No, actually, thats incorrect in a sense. You will not do anything to the system as long as you are not editing around inside any of the protected files themselves. This is basically the same as a PC...just think of the internal storage of your phone as the "C:" drive of your PC. The entire Drive is open and accesible to write to, and there will be no issues as long as you dont monkey with the core files...same thing here on the phone. The Droid Incredible allows access to the internal storage...and has no issues in doing so.

Secondly, there is no system file that is going to expand so far as to fill up an 8gb of storage space. Even after formatting and appying the OS, there is still roughly 6-6.65gb of usable space...add in around 50-75 apps and you still have over 4gb of space available...plenty of space for additional music or pictures...

Common sense goes a long way, unfortunately, Moto didnt apply it here when not building in an avenue to use the internal storage...asinine IMO...

Im one of those that err on the side of caution when giving advice to someone that I don't know their level of knowledge on the issue. I would rather tell them not to use it than thenm use it and then blame me when they screw up something on their phone lol.

Yes, it is like the c-drive on windows however in android you can't write to it (except apps) unless you are rooted and mount the system as r/w instead of r/o.

Also, when I said the thing about leaving room to expand I obviously didn't mean the entire 8 gigs. If a system file is 8 gigs on phone OS then something is running rampant in your phone and the best thing to do would be format and restart....