Bionic storage

Renae

Reaction score
Do we expect that the internal storage and sd card will be set up like the droid 3? with part of the 16 gig being used as internal phone storage and part set up a"media storage" ?

I'm wondering if we will be able to use the actual sd card for installing apps and keeping backups?

Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
you cannot install apps and move them to your sd card in the d3? I use my d1's card to store the mem hog apps and backups =) Did any of those confirmations give proof to the DB supporting UP TO 32 gb cards? or did that 32 gb number come from 16 on board 16 pre installed.

googlelover

Reaction score
you cannot install apps and move them to your sd card in the d3? I use my d1's card to store the mem hog apps and backups =) Did any of those confirmations give proof to the DB supporting UP TO 32 gb cards? or did that 32 gb number come from 16 on board 16 pre installed.
Uhh kinda confused as to what your asking, but since the OG droid phones have been supporting 32 GB sd cards, so you can have at max 48 GBs of storage on the droid bionic.
And to the OP, I'm assuming it will be like all other phones and you will be able to move apps to SD, but why would you want to? 8gbs should be plenty of room for apps, assuming thats how much they give you for apps.

JohnnyS101

Reaction score

No. When you install apps, you have 2 choices, your phone or your media storage, your phone is the 14gb of storage or so while the media storage is the 2gb of spacce used specifically for apps. So the apps will be on the phone only, smart because apps can run faster and smoother than that on an sd card but correct when you can't back up through sd card unless you get into another process

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
The D1 only had a small amount of memory so it was useful to have the ability to move apps. On every froyo rom I used it was impossible to only just fit the apps I used a lot. App2sd was limited as the app itself needed app2sd support so not all apps were able to be moved. Also you never wanted to move apps that used a widget. After rooting the phone you can move almost every app even ones that don't have app2sd support. All gingerbread roms I've tried for some reason I notice much more room to install apps. If I just install my necessary apps then I don't have to move them and I tend to have about 25 to 40 MB space left.

on the bionic, once we get root then we could probably move apps where we want without limitation.

I would imagine that if there was a large amount of internal space for apps then I don't see any reason the move them.

I'm hoping for root so I can use titanium backup.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Will likely be like the d3. You have 2 gigs of phone storage, which honestly is a lot of space. Instead of moving apps to sd, you instead move apps to the 14 gigs of media storage. So in essence, you still get 16 gigs with which to store apps, and your sd card is open for whatever you want, and is hot swappable.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

wseyller

Reaction score
256 MB for your os and apps total. Edit: just looked in settings it says 262.

Last edited:

Speedy3

Reaction score
Do we know for sure if the Bionic will support a 32gb Class 10 Micro SD card? I picked one up today @ Best Buy today on sale in preparation for geting this phone.

corymcnutt

Reaction score
Do we know for sure if the Bionic will support a 32gb Class 10 Micro SD card? I picked one up today @ Best Buy today on sale in preparation for geting this phone.

All literature that we have seen - the quick start guide, etc. - says it comes with a 16GB card, but you can put in up to 32GB...giving you a total of 48GB. How much was your card?

Speedy3

Reaction score
$59.99. I used $45.00 of BB reward certificates and only paid $16.00 total. Not a bad price either way for a class 10 micro sd card in that capacity.