Any upcoming Droids with more internal memory?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I've read, the internal memory is for apps only on Android. That means that an sdcard is your only options for music, pictures, and videos.

Is that standard going forward? The X or Incredible (or both, don't remember) has 8GB internal, that's only going to be for apps?

I'm not sure if that will always be the case. Android has changed things up regarding installing apps2sd in 2.2, so this could certainly change as well. Until just recently, installing anything other than apps to internal memory wasn't even an issue because we only had 256mb or less. Now that we are seeing such a big jump in internal memory, I wouldn't be surprised if a future update allowed us to keep stuff other than apps on it.

OP, if the 32 gb card is too expensive, buy 2 16gb cards. I guess I just don't see the problem here. It's not like sd cards go bad all the time, so I would much rather have the option to keep expanding memory than being locked into whatever the phone manufacturer decided to give us. I have some sdcards that lasted much longer than most phones.

OP
P

ProfLonghair

Reaction score
OP, if the 32 gb card is too expensive, buy 2 16gb cards. I guess I just don't see the problem here. It's not like sd cards go bad all the time, so I would much rather have the option to keep expanding memory than being locked into whatever the phone manufacturer decided to give us. I have some sdcards that lasted much longer than most phones.

I want it on one card because I prefer to be able to shuffle through all my music. If I only get 16GB, that's only a part, and not what I'm looking to do. I agree that being locked in isn't such a great thing, but until the manufacturers get away from microSD, which I doubt is going to happen, then getting the 32GB card is going to be prohibitively expensive for me, and the 2 16GB card solution is not what I want.

Not trying to be a complained, especially in light of what a jerk I sounded like in my first reply. I'm content enough with my current setup. I'm just trying to find out if my ideal situation will come to pass. Sounds like a definate "maybe" so far

BTW, any reason why microsd cards, and not anything larger? My last smart phone was a windows phone, which took regular SD cards, so it's clearly possibly, and I believe that physically the phone was smaller than some of the newer droids