Droid X Internal Storage Memory?

f3liC

Reaction score
With 8gb of space (well 6.xx) I thought i would be able to use it for music/movies. Well to my surprise when I plug in my Droid X to my pc, I cannot browse the file system at all. Is there anyway i can use this memory for music/movies and not just apps?

For those that are curious I traded phones and did not get a 16gb micro sd card.

OP
F

f3liC

Reaction score
anyone have a solution to this?

troglodyte

Reaction score
I was also not able to browse folders when tethered. I use the "bluetooth file transfer" app. If your computer has bluetooth, it works well. You can browse folders on your phones SD card and move things around ftp-style. The only drawback is that it is a little slow if you want to upload a movie to your phone.

Fred McLean

Reaction score
There has GOT to be a way for this to be done. Other HTC models use internal memory that is partitioned to be used as storage accessible by music and video apps. A friend of mine thought that a symbolic link could be created on the SD card that would point to a folder on the droid's system memory. It would be a command similar to this.
ln -s /data/_media /sdcard/_media

/data is the only place where I was able to create a folder and copy files to it without it disappearing. I created a _media folder where I copied my MP3s.

I can't remember the exact error but it was something like "create failed".

I hear that 32 bit formatting does not support symbolic links.
______
Another thought would be to partition the internal memory to have a usable partition the "looks" like an SD card.

DroidX Rooted

Technoman

Reaction score
I saw a post by someone that stated if you select PC Mode on the USB connection type it allows you to use the 8Gig of internal memory.

I haven't tried this, so I am just repeating what I saw posted.