What eats up internal memory?

Garandhero

Reaction score
So I know the droid X has 8GB internal memory....
I am already down to 6.2GB..

I really dont have that many app's installed, and am trying to figure out where all my space has gone? What gets installed/eats up internal memory (as opposed to SD card memory)

Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Android operating system files

xMercury

Reaction score
What I'm gathering from this post and your post about deleting those small files/folders is that you're paranoid about running out of space. =P

The OS probably takes up about 1.5 gigs, yes. You will not run out of space with 8GB of internal memory. And you'll have a difficult time filling up your 16GB SD card as well.

Just leave all files where they are. They won't hurt anything. Plus, with FroYo coming within the next month or so, you'll be able to install apps to the sd card, so if internal memory is that big of an issue to you, you could definitely do that.

OP
G

Garandhero

Reaction score
What I'm gathering from this post and your post about deleting those small files/folders is that you're paranoid about running out of space. =P

The OS probably takes up about 1.5 gigs, yes. You will not run out of space with 8GB of internal memory. And you'll have a difficult time filling up your 16GB SD card as well.

Just leave all files where they are. They won't hurt anything. Plus, with FroYo coming within the next month or so, you'll be able to install apps to the sd card, so if internal memory is that big of an issue to you, you could definitely do that.

Alright I just wanted to make sure that other stuff wasn't getting placed on the internal memory... I have no problem with apps going there, but other stuff I want on MY SD card and I was confused where 2GB of space went already so I was concerned it was getting loaded with junk or something.

tobytl

Reaction score
Not to mention that if they use standard storage measurements 8gb is really 7.46gb. Just like your 16gb sd card is really 14.93gb.