8gb Internal Storage???

hobby31

Reaction score
I got the X this afternoon and this is my 4th android phone. I've had the g1, moto droid, droid incredible, and now the X. I'm use to the small amount of internal memory and apps being stored there. I got the incredible because of the 8gb internal memory because I thought apps would be stored there but they weren't. Now, on the X, I've noticed that the only thing showing up under the setting "sdcard and phone storage" is the 8gb internal and 16 gb sdcard. No separate listing for the ROM. On the incredible when you mount to a computer you can mount both the sdcard and the 8gb internal memory. When you connect the X it only mounts the sdcard. I made a note of what my memory for the 8gb memory was showing and then went to the market and downloaded 20 something apps and checked again and the 8gb had decreased. Am I right in assuming that the apps are somehow being installed on the 8gb memory? If that's true, this is a huge step up from previous android phones and I find it hard to believe I haven't heard anyone talking about it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I can't find a way to mount the 8gb internal memory. I've look with the pre-installed file manager and also Astro from the market. On the incredible you could use Astro and look for a folder called "eppc", or something like that and actually explore it.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apps are stored in the 8 gb of internal memory, with the release of Froyo you should have the option of apps2sd

I think the 8gb of internal memory are part of the system and cannot be accessed without Root

OP
hobby31

hobby31

Reaction score
Apps are stored in the 8 gb of internal memory, with the release of Froyo you should have the option of apps2sd

The 8gb of internal memory are part of the system and cannot be accessed without Root

So, the incredible had 700 mb for apps and the X has 8gb? I know froyo has the option for apps2sd but the X is running 2.1update1. Motorola sure has hooked this phone up!

A lot of us thought that when the incredible came with 8gb internal memory that apps would be stored there but that wasn't the case. I assumed the X would be the same way.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Afaik the apps can be loaded on the 8gb. I saw it on the Verizon promo website for the X. Something about it being able to install almost limitless apps because of the 8gb

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
hobby31

hobby31

Reaction score
Afaik the apps can be loaded on the 8gb. I saw it on the Verizon promo website for the X. Something about it being able to install almost limitless apps because of the 8gb

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that when i decided to buy it. This was a welcome surprise!